Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the xsd type date does not exactly correspond to the abap type STRING in sproxy

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting a warning in in SPROXY like "the xsd type date does not exactly correspond to the abap type STRING".

earlier the field type in PI was 'xsd:string', but now it has been changed to type 'xsd:date'. While regerating the proxy I am geeting the warning like above and the Techn.Type of ABAP attributes is showing as STRING in sproxy(properties of External view). The XSD type has been changed to 'xsd:date' in the xsd attributes but the Techn.Type of ABAP attributes is not changing from STRING to DATE.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved myself.

I just deleted the field in PI structure and regenerated and activated the proxy. after that again added the filed in structure and regenerate and actived then the Techn.type of the ABAP attribute has been changed from string to Date.

Thanks!

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is because XSD Date is different from ABAP "DATS". You can ignore the warning. The string in type in ECC will not change unless you try to modify it in sproxy to DATS. Not sure that will work either.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you make changes in Pi side, you have to regenerate ABAP proxy objects. Then see whether you have discrepancy error in data type.

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

After regenarateing only..I am geeting the above warning.

Thanks