cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on serial equipment record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Could one of the sap gurus pls advise me on the  config path to define/maintain the fields seen in the equipment record.The requirement is to capture certain serial characteristics (like manufacturing date,manufacturing name etc) in the serial equipment record.These fields need to be mandatory.Any help would be appreciated since I have not done this configuration before.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check transaction code OIAD and OIAF....There you can maintain screen layout equipment master records..

Regards

Satish

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have small doubt .Please let me know .

If I hide any filed in these transactions then where it will be effected ?

Note : What is the purpose of these two t.codes ?

Thanks,

Naren

satishbabu_bodepudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

If you make changes in OIAD (field selection for equipment specific fields) then it is affected in transaction IE01/02/03(equipment master record).

If you make changes in OIAF (fields which are common for both equipment & functional location) then it is affected in transaction IE01/02/03(equipment master record) & also in IL01/02/03(fumctional location).

The purpose of these transactions is feild selection of equipment master records based on activity(01/02/03), equipment category or tech. object type...etc

Regards

Satish

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thank you so much for responding on this .

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

All the details which you have mentioned in the above query can be captured while creating an equipment master record in the tab "general", manufacturer data. Here there is a limitation of capturing the exact date of manufacture, but can capture the month and the year.

To configure the settings where any field should be made mandatory you can follow the mentioned path.

IMG->Plant maintenance & customer service->master data in plant maintenance and customer service->Technical objects->equipment->define field selection for the equipment master record

you can tick the field which you want to appear as mandatory in "Req" radio button.

Hope this should resolve.

Regards,

Rafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help Ravi and Satish.I really appreciate it.How do I capture the fields under the SER tab? For example if I want to capture the manufacture name and Purchase order in SER tab.When I tried to activate other other fields in IQ02 ,I get a dump error.

Thanks,

Nikhil