cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bestpractices +Base line packages Add-on Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have installed BP -Baseline packges BP-ERP 606 in development server ,the purpose I have installed is requirment of smartforms for SD & MM,Now my consultant are tested and now its working fine.

NOw the issue is after addon instaltion ,I am moving one TR to Qulaity server while moving TR its showing "installed software componets are not matching ".

I heard generally best practices are installed in SAND box system,but I dont have sand box thats why installed in Development server.

Now My doubt is is there any problem can we do add-on  in quality and production servers to same stack level as Devlopment server.

Please suggest and guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The standard practice is to keep all the systems in the landscape on same patch level.

You will need to install the add-ons installed on the development system to the other systems as well.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Any one can you Please suggest ,its very urgent for me.

Below is the screen shot as well.

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP recommends to move the transport between similar systems (same release...same components...same sp level).

Since Installed ABAP add-on cannot be removed from the system as there is no tool for it.

So we have 2 option here.

1. Apply the add-on on the other systems as well.

2. Install a new DEV system for the landscape. You can make a copy from the Quality or Production.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your repply,I ma planning to add-on installtion in Quality and Production as well.

But my doubt is best practice add-on installtion in quality and prodcution servers will arise any issue ,?

Please suggest whts the best practice

Thanks

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

But my doubt is best practice add-on installtion in quality and prodcution servers will arise any issue,?

After installing the add-on on the Quality system monitor the system for couple of days to see any issues appear.

Once the system is tested OK then install it on Production.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RB,

Thanks for your repply,I will install addon best practices base line in quality system tomarrow and I will get back to you with the results.

Thanks

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will suggest to check the Overview/Release Note for the BP add-ons. It should provide the information in detail if there is any restriction/issues due to this.

As you said that your DEV is working fine and there are no issues in DEV so you can opt any option. But anyway the last decision should be from you or your management whether they would like to have a add-on which is not needed at all or not.

## For option one : if there are any known issues or restriction information should be provided in the SAP Notes. If you are not sure about this then you can check this with SAP.

### may be someone who have installed these add-ons can provide more information here. Unfortunately I have never installed these add-ons so It is difficult for me to answer

But the best practice for moving TRs is to move it between similar systems.

Best regards,

Gaurav