Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC calls in ST03N statistics

javier_arboleya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a transaction which executes several function modules through RFC calls in the same system as part of its execution.

When I try to see the statistics in ST03N, the values are not accurate, since the statistics for the RFC calls are stored on the RFC 'transaction'.

I can use STAD transaction to see a specific execution, but in our case we get daily/weekly statistics summarized for all users, then STAD is not an option.

Any idea on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Usually the ST03 summarize all data from STAD, so, if it exist in the STAD you should be able to see in the ST03 the average data (note that the ST03 is only to statistics purpose).

If you want a more accurate number of RFC steps you can increase stat/rfcrec.

The parameter stat/rfcrec is the number of rfc statistic records created

for every step as described in note 552845 point 11.

Regards

Clebio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Please check sap note Note 552845 - FAQ: RFC Statistics in Transactions ST03/ST03N and STAD for understanding RFC stats.

Regards,

Divyanshu

javier_arboleya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu,

thank you for your answer. I had a look at the oss note and I don't think it is going to solve my question.

As far as I have understood, if a transaction contains RFC calls, you can't just take the statistics from the transaction itself (in st03n for example) you also need to add the statistics (like runtime) corresponding to the rfc calls, which are stored under the fake 'RFC' transaction.

In the EWA report I can see, in section 9.3, the rfc calls per initiating action. That gives at least the details of the rfc calls per transaction on a weekly basis. This way I can sum the average runtime from both the transaction and the rfc initiated by it. Is this approach correct?

Best regards,

Javier

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking for an End to End solution of monitoring? 

I would look to the Root Cause Analysis tab in your SolMan, as you are receiving an EWA report, and verify if this is what you are looking to capture.

javier_arboleya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had a transaction running slowly in the system, so we paralellize part of the execution via asynchronous RFC calls to some function modules.

Now if I measure one execution of that transaction, I can use STAD for it. This way I will see not only the transaction runtime (among other parameters) but also the runtime corresponding to the RFC originated by the transaction.

In order to get summarized values per day/week/month, I go to ST03N and get the values corresponding to that transaction. For the RFC values, I can't get the complete transaction 'RFC', so I go to the RFC profiles section and get the values corresponding to my transaction. Then I sum these two values to get the complete runtime.

Since this is the first time I have done this, I wasn't sure if this was the most accurate way of obtaining the statistics.

Many thanks for your help.

Javier

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the information that you are after?  I took this from a Dev ECC system (6.0 Ehp 5), you may have more info you are after with the Key Figures filter.

You can also drill down into the Dialog and RFC task types, just right click on them and highlight "Drilldown" and select additional options.

Message was edited by: Billy Warring