cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy Netweaver 7.1 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a two year old PI 7.1 system Dual Stack that has a Central Instance and SCS instance.

Now we want to do a system copy to another PI 7.1  system and the only choice we have is to install Primary Instance plus ASCS plus SCS.

Did SAP change the architecture for NW 7.1 after they released NW 7.1? Or am I missing something here.

I rather not create the 3 instances due to connectivity issues.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nizaar,

Please use the same sapinst DVD that you used during installing PI or download the one stated in PI 7.1 master/media guide.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218805
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nizaar,

I understand your target system will be installed as a distributed system. In that case, the ASCS is required.

You can refer to the installation guide for that. I'm not sure what is your target environment, but checking this guide (for Linux + MaxDB), we can see the following in section 5.1 Installation Checklist:

As we can see, the installation of ASCS is required.

Best Regards,

Alessandro Parolin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ASCS matter only for HA in NW7.1

Regards, KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyanshu I will mark your answer as helpful, it is the action I will take, but does not answer my question.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nizaar,

To clear your doubt..

Please check https://websmp104.sapag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001186692007E

When you have planned to an High Availability landscape for NW PI, then only we use ASCS for ABAP cluster. However, JAVA always uses the case of clustering as it reduces communication burden using MS in SCS as a gateway to router information and communication between java nodes, while this approach concentrates the possible single points of failure of a system into a single instance and, therefore, ensures isolation just on them.

Rest, ASCS and SCS were always a part in case of HA environments.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seperate ASCS and Primary Application Server is has become standard for very installation whether it is HA, Distributed or Standard with the latest Software Provision Manager.

What I find interesting is that I could do a 7.1 Installation with the regular CI (ASCS plus PAS in one instance) instance and now can only do a installation with ASCS and PAS as seperate instances.

We are doing a Standard Installation.

@

Standard System

You can install a

standard

system on a

single

host.

In a standard system, all main instances run on a single host.:

There are the following instances:

Central services instance for ABAP (ASCS instance)

Enqueue replication server instance (ERS instance) for the ASCS instance (optional)

Central services instance for Java (SCS instance)

Enqueue replication server instance (ERS instance) for the SCS instance (optional)

Database instance (DB)

The ABAP stack and the Java stack use their own database schema in the same database

Primary application server instance (PAS instance)

@Other replies

For HA you need ERS replicated. And seperate ASCS and PAS instance is standard for all installations not just Distributed or HA with the latest Software Provision Manager.

Thanks all for your thoughts and replies.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nizaar

Kindly follow Sap Notes

1724612  - PI Business System names remain the same after System Copy

Note 1299373 - Configuration Wizard: PI System Copy

Note 1135704 - SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 Composite Note

Thanks

Ram