cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Message Search not working!! Xpath Syntax?

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have configured the User Defined Message Search in PI 7.3 on Java for AAE. My Scenario is an Asynchronous Scenario. I referred to all the blogs related to this and was not able to resolve. Please help me on this issue.

Here is how I did my setup

1. Created a filter with all details (Sender Component, Service Interface Namespace).

2. Created Search criteria with X-Path expression.

- I still have doubt if I am using the right syntax for the XPath. I copied the path from the Message type in Message Mapping( Correct me if I am wrong)

Mine looks like - /ns0:mt_Customer_Request/row/REQUESTID (Where Request ID is the field, I will be searching).

3. I am not sure what to give in the prefix tab. I tried the prefix tab with all combinations of Namespace (ns0, ns etc).

4. Save and Activate the changes.

5. I created the indexing job for the date I want to search my message.

6. I tested the setup with the Test Search Criteria and its giving me a response "No Messages available for the selected test criteria".

Please let me know if I am missing any thing.

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Mine looks like - /ns0:mt_Customer_Request/row/REQUESTID (Where Request ID is the field, I will be searching).

give prefix value as ns0

I created the indexing job for the date I want to search my message.

Did you start indexing  with the help of indexing options.

you have to start this indexing before going for Test Search Criteria.

give the from date and to date in which message processed.

finally try to do Test Search Criteria(every time you try this you have to start indexing then Test)

then try two options (outbound and inbound)  while doing Test Search Criteria.

if you are getting the same error please share us the xml. it can help us to give you correct xpath.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan,

Thanks for your reply. I already followed the same steps you mentioned.

Started the Indexing job before searching the Test Criteria. Once the job is completed then I ran the test. Still it says "No Messages available for the test criteria".

Please see my xml below.

Meanwhile, where can I find the trace logs for "Test Search Criteria".

Any possible suggestions?.

Thanks,

Harsh

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

/ns0:mt_Customer_Request/row/REQUESTID

this is the xpath you are using corrrect?

as per your payload it should be

/ns:mt_Customer_Request/row/REQUESTID

in the prefix use only "ns".

Meanwhile, where can I find the trace logs for "Test Search Criteria".

i am not sure we can find any logs for this.

sorry for late reply.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

0 Kudos

Thanks Muniyappan,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried it with the prefix ns, but still its not searching.

Do we have any pre-requisites for setting this UDMS?.

I already went through the pre-requisites in Michal's blog, everything looks good though.

Thanks,

Harsh

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that you have sent messages during start and end time of indexing.

search with correct message id. check http://scn.sap.com/thread/3361235.

don't make any change in message id.just copy paste and search after doing indexing.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I think you don't need "ns0" , try again after deleting "ns0" from Xpath. It will be better if you fetch XPATH from receiver/Interface determination condition value

Regards

Hari.

0 Kudos

Thanks Hari,

I tried the xpath from Receiver Det condition value. It dint help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Try to give the Namespace you are using to define the Design Objects ( i.e where the Message Type mt_Customer_Request defined for EX: http://XXX.com/XI/ABC_2.0/test1 ) in Prefix Namespace and ns0 in Prefix Value.

Regards,

Sriprasad Bhat

0 Kudos

Hi Sriprasad,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the same already, the issue still persists. Any other suggestion?.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh ,

Make sure that, after configuring the UserDefined Message search for Particular interface,There is a message flow for the same.

So try to push some messages for that interface and try to run the Indexing option in User Defined Message Search home Page.

Find the below screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Shriprasad Bhat

0 Kudos

Hi Sriprasad,

I already created the indexing and we already have a message flow. But still the issue persists.

Meanwhile, I pulled the payload of the message from the message monitoring. The payload headers and namespace looks like below.

Do you have any other suggestion for the xpath, prefix syntax based on this?

Thanks,

Harsh