cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append mode in File receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My query is around using append mode in file receiver. Though the requirement is not complex, i am looking for a best solution with minimum maintenance.

Requirement - Data extracted from ECC will be sent to PI via proxy. PI needs to create a single file using FCC.

Criteria - Data is huge, hence will have to send it in batches

- In PI will have to use Append mode while creating a file.

- The file has to be created in temp directory while being appended by PI, as the application which is pulling the file may pickup haif written file.

Solution - I can use additional field in structure to get the total count of batches and the currnet batch number. Based on this i will know when the last batch has arrived and accordingly i will have file and directory path details added in the structure. I will have to use variable substitution in OS command to transfer the file from temp dir to main dir. Using FCC i can ignore the addtional file name and dir path fields while creating file.

My Question: Is there a better way of doing this? Can the OS script writting be avoided?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Simplest way is to create two scenarios ,

1. proxy -> XI -> temp folder

2. temp folder -> XI -> Actual folder (file will be picked by another application).

In sender communication channel(In 2nd scenario) , use Advanced mode . In below screen shot, Modification check parameter will force sender channel to wait some Msecs if file is being written.

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari..that could be a solution , however we will be creating addition scenarion in ID for this.

Nonetheless thanks for your reply

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One doubt. It is not possible to generate a file with a bulk of data and the backend consume it? in case the file is being updated the receiver wont get the file till the system(PI) finish the update.

is this case you wont need OS command and nothing else. just a common configuration

or

is mandatory to whole data before send it to the backen system? --> check Additional parameters are published in SAP Note 801926.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand your question. However I have another question there -

In APPEND mode, does PI have a read lock on the file? If yes when is this lock released?

Will PI know if the file is completely written and release the lock?

Thanks for your time

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In APPEND mode, does PI have a read lock on the file? If yes when is this lock released?

In case that PI is being appending the file, of course it lock it till the append finish.

Will PI know if the file is completely written and release the lock?

Yes because PI locks the file

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if its posible to schedule the backend system to pool the FTP server. If so, you can avoid the temp directory and all the configuration involved.

AFAIK PI will locks the file when creating or appending. So you can create a file with a set of data and once the backen system reads the file it can move it to a archiving folder.

by this way you also can avoid the use of a temp directory because to ensure that all the data will be transfered.

Regads