cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Despatch Advice in GS1 XML format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I got the following requirement to create outbound despatch advices from an ECC6 SAP in GS1 XML format.

However I'm not an XML guru, I'm an ABAP-er, I would like to know how to start, what do I have to do, etc...

I got this site

http://www.gs1.org/gsmp/kc/ecom/xml

However I don't know exactly, what do I have to do with these...

I mean which standard basic type can I use (which SAP despatch advice is in GS1 format), which programs, function modules, etc...

A step-by-step instruction would be the best for me

Thank you

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you verify that the requirement is really to send out this format directly from ASP ECC6 ?

To me it would sound more realistic to send out a standard IDoc to the PI-System and map this IDoc to the GS1-XML format in the PI message mapping.

(as the purpose of a middleware like PI is to enable a company to send out different kinds of files to different customers...while you would always send out a standard IDoc from ECC...)

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we don't have PI, only a simple plain ECC6 (as far as I know).

You said: "To me it would sound more realistic to send out a standard IDoc to the PI-System and map this IDoc to the GS1-XML format in the PI message mapping."

Which standard IDoc are you referring to? DESADV01 basic type?

It seems, I have to create a new basic type in ECC6, which has the GS1 format, but I don't know which fields do i have to add to the segment editor, what will be the field names, mather-child connections, etc...

How can I have this mapping in a readable format (I can't read XML...)? Can you share it with me?

Thank you

Tamas

Answers (0)