cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Susle Linux Version 10.2 64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

I am stuck at one issue, you see I want to start building a new disaster recovery server susle linux.

Our production server runs  on suse linux 10.2 64 so after I finish the format of diaster recovery the server, I will need to have the cds of suse linux 10.2 64 same as our production server which I do not have at this moment.

I tried to download them from Novell website, but I could not find them thier. Can any one suggest what I need to do to fix the issue.

Best Regards

~Amal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you can download SLES 10 SP2 from here but you will need a Novel login account when you click on "proceed to download".

Personally I think your consultant is being a bit silly because there are no major functional differences in the patch levels of SLES 10 and only new features get added when you change to version 11. This is generally the case for most Enterprise systems, not just SLES.

Good luck.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nelis;

Thank you so much for your help. I used my account on Novel, and downloaded the required installation media from the above link you provided me.

I installed:

1- SLES-10-SP2-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso
2- SLES-10-SP2-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD2.iso

Thanks again

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

I would just use Suse Linux Enterprise 10.4(SP4) AMD64 if I were you.

The major leap or change came from 10 SP1 to SP2 where the kernel was changed from 2.6 to 3.x. If you download SP4 you will still be on kernel 3.x with a different patch but it should not have any effect on your system. If you check Note 958253 - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10: Installation notes you will see as far as SAP configuration is concerned for specific SP instructions there is very little change if any that may effect you. Just follow the instructions in this note for SP4 like you would with SP2.

Regards,

Nelis

Message was edited by: Nelis Lamprecht - apologies, I got my versions crossed between 11 and 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nelis;

I mentioned to the basis consultant what you suggested, but he told me that both production, and DR must be identical in every thing including the patch level, and I am unable to find SLES 10 (x86_64) VERSION 10 PATCH LEVEL 2 to download so I can start the download.

Do you know from where I can download it? I am unable to find it on Novel website.

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

0 Kudos

You can download the required installation medium from http://download.novell.com/index.jsp

Just enter the Product and Version there and select the appropriate medium from the list displayed.

Please double check with your contract vendor that you are permitted to install this package.

The other alternative is to download the appropriate SLES iso from the Novell download page and pull the packages from the ISO as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Americo;

I could find only Suse Linux 10 SP3 and SP4, but I need SP2

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

please check the following link as you can download it from there

http://iso.linuxquestions.org/suse/opensuse-10.2/

Best Regards

Marius

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is OpenSuse not Suse Linux Enterprise Server. OpenSuse is not supported by SAP.

Nelis