Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX Value Mapping for 1000 entries

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to enter 1000 line items in a fix value, entering manually will be a tedious task. It is already available in Spreadsheet.

Is there any way to import the data to fix values, i tried copy the data and paste in fix value function, but no luck.

Help me on this please.

Regards,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Refer the response of Michael http://scn.sap.com/thread/386098

For value Mapping Replication for Mass Data, check below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/content.htm

Regards,

Pranay

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO, if you have large key value pairs, you might want to use database.  Store in a table and use lookup during mapping. This way you dont need to maintain in PI and let the control to dba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>I have a requirement to enter 1000 line items in a fix value

Maintaining 1000 key-value pairs using fix value is not a good option...u can think of using VMR or Value mapping...

BTW, Which version of PI u r using?

In case u r using PI7.31 then u have the option to do mass import of key value pairs as a value mapping group.

In addition to that u also have the option of maintaining these values outside PI as suggested above by Inaki.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

You can follow Ambrish advice. Also there are the RFC-lookup or JDBC-lookup and you can mantain the parametrization data in other system (or in PI ABAP stack for example) and to do a program to get that values automatically if you have the data in a formatted file avoiding introduce them manually.

Regards.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

AFAIK,there is no way to import the data to fix values.

I have seen couple of documents related to Mass upload tool for value mappings...you can explore that option.

Ambrish