cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone tried running an Interactive Form generated from SAP on a mobile device. It seems they are not supported. I can create PDF forms in Adobe Acrobat which work fine on iOS/Android.

I guess the SAP form generation engine has maybe lagged behind?

Looking at note 1002905 it seems Windows Pocket PC is the only OS supported for fill-able forms.

Anyone had more luck with standard Interactive Forms on recent mobile devices? Are the Arch eForms the answer with FLM?

GB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Interactive Forms by Adobe are supported only on desktop OS + Windows Pocket PC. The issue is not the rendering engine, the reason is the capablity of the Adobe Reader on these OS types.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso,

If you open for instance the form here on an iPad/Android you can fill in the forms and save it.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Samples/interactiveform_enabled.pdf

This also works for any forms you create with Adobe Acrobat. The forms generated from SAP do not work however (using the release of ADS I'm using at least).

That makes me think there must be some difference between the rendering engines.

Gregor

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

SAP Interactive Form is based on XFA, where as the forms of Acrobat are different. / Those are Acrobat native features /.

Adobe Reader on iOS / Android does not have support for XFA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFA

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation.

It seems PDF forms come in two flavours: AcroForms & XFA forms. To present XFA forms it looks like the approach is to render the form as HTML using additional software on the server side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gregor,

Can you provide any more info on the approach of rendering the form as HTML? What is the additional software that's needed?

Thanks,
Simon

Answers (0)