cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure sybase control center to accept multiple device ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my HWC application, I want to keep single user name and password for all the users.Also, when/each time application will be opened by any user it should not ask user name and password again and again.

I'm thinking to implement it in following ways, please help me to find out which will be quicker to implement.

1. Configure sybase control center to accept multiple device ID.But do not know if it is possible or not.If possible, then How?

2. Get the HWC code from "C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\MobileSDK213\HybridWeb " and modify the "sybase settings" code (add two more field "username" and "password"). Map the SCC registered "user" with the "username" and "password" field.

3. Keep a SQlite/Ultralite database to save username and password when 1st time user login and read after words.

Plaese let me know, if there is any other quicker way to do this. Or I can use any of above mentioned points ??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more thing,

When you create a workflow editor after deploying mbos to sup server,

did you try last option?

As you launch the app in device, it ll ask u sup username nd psswd, if u pass correct credentials, it ll navigate to start screen.. otherwise it wont.

basically here username pssword are the predefined personalization keys in sup.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra for this help. Let me try will last option.

Note: Basically in HWC container I have 4 applications. If I
touch any of these application, each time it asks me to enter username and
password (this is given in development time).So what I want that, after
installation on any mobile, for the 1st time when I launch my application, it
should ask me username and password and afterwards it should not(it should open with already given username and password).Becoz, my
client does not want to enter user name and password again and again. This
should be applicable for all 4 applications that are in the HWC container.

Please consider it as how gtalk or Skype works on mobile.

Hope it clears my Idea.

Thanks.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution to show the login screen only once is to use builtin security providers available in SUP.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01703.0213/doc/html/aba12...

Given below is comparatively easy to configure.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01703.0213/doc/html/aba12...You can use SAPSSOTokenLoginModule ( Which is deprecated ) or HTTPAuthentication token login module, http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01703.0213/doc/html/aba13...

- Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I want to keep single user name and password for all the users.

which user name and psswd?  is it SUP's or backend's?

1. Configure sybase control center to accept multiple device ID.But do not know if it is possible or not.If possible, then How?

i guess, there is no need of configure in SCC.. whenever a new device gets connct to SUP, it is distinguished by its device id

2. Get the HWC code from "C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\MobileSDK213\HybridWeb " and modify the "sybase settings" code (add two more field "username" and "password"). Map the SCC registered "user" with the "username" and "password" field.

If you are going with automatic registration, then you ll see 2 options like username and pssword itself (belongs to SUP user nd psswd)  in sybase settings screen. So i feel you neednt to do any modification here.

3. Keep a SQlite/Ultralite database to save username and password when 1st time user login and read after words.

not sure about it.

Regards,

Jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUP will allow you to create multiple users with same username and password since the device ID will change for each user in SCC.

I don't understand your requirement on showing the login screen only first time meant by.

Are you trying to login with SAP credentials ?

Have you checked SAPSSOLoginToken Module available, that will act like you are expecting. It is SSO.

- Midhun VP