SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMJ2 - carry forward of open item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have run FMJ2 carry forward of open commitment item of PO level on 31.03.2012 year end, all the open commitment forwarded to next FY 2013.but issue is user want to change some value now in a particular PO which is created in FY 2012, system showing budget issue in FY 2012 in place of 2013. It observed that during running FMJ2 for closed FY 2012 again for the same PO , system showing the open item exist. How it is possible?? Please clarify?

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During FMJ2 massive run, some documents could be omitted and taken only with sequential run. Of course, this is under assumption that the data for the particular document is consistent: you can verify it for PO by running FMN4N transaction.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

FMN4N is showing same budget issue in FY2012. My point is after carry forward the open commitment from 2012 to 2013 why system checking 2012 budget again, whatever i changed on that PO on FY 2013 budget should have to check only for that year 2013 why 2012. I know lot of changes has done against that import PO but in what situation it will check budget of FY 2012 ??

Regards

Rabin

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say 'budget check' do you mean during the modification of PO? Well, budget year of a PO is defined based on your update profile: it's either posting date or delivery date. If it's on posting date, then, since it's defined on a header level, every new adjustment to PO will take place in 2012, when it was originally created.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

Budget consumed on PO creation date. As you told, whenever we adjust PO (previous FY) in current date the budget will be adjust on that PO creation fiscal year but not in current FY, so why we do carry forward. Is it only for further activities like gr/ir . For example:- If PO creation date is FY 2009 and still there is open item, user want to increase the quantity of PO then system will ask for budget in FY 2009, if there is non-availability, if so how user add budget in closed FY2009.

Regards,

Rabin

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the assumption is that you won't modify old POs. If you do so, then you'd better base your FM date not on creation date, but on a due date or delivery date. In this case, it will be defined on PO line level, thus allowing you to define budget year in more flexible way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe your issue is related to a message you posted a while ago. Your PR's have been completely reduced and you only carried-forward PO's. Now you are trying to change those PO's which consequently affected the PR's that have been left behind in the old FY. What you need to do is to run FMJ0 to carry forward the related zero-balance PR's.

Regards,

Ming