cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using .Net connector with miniSAP and ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed WAS 6.4 with J2EE and .Net connector 2.0 on Windows 2003. Also miniSAP from ABAP objects book is installed on the another computer. As given the connector PDF, I try to create New Application Server using Custom settings option. From this option, can I connect to the ABAP based SAP server. What to give in the router string and other required parameters.

The two computers are connected through LAN.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Server Explorer-> Add Application Server -> Custom Logon Settings option to connect. Now the connection is established successfully. I can see the BOR options. If I add the filter with RFC_CUST* then it shows only one function name "RFC_CUST_DISTRIBUTION_OBJECTS". The function RFC_CUSTOMER_GET is not shown.

What can be the reason for this?

Thanks

Sneha

Thanks

Sneha

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all SAP systems contain function RFC_CUSTOMER_GET, especially Basis-systems.

You need to use a different function to play with, e.g. BAPI_FLCUST_GETLIST (BOR class FlightCustomer, method GetList), which is in most newer systems.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for an immediate reply.

I will try the other functions.

Thanks once again.

Sneha

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I wrote before, not that the PDF is about SAP .NET Connector 1.0. For the 2.0 version that you are using, please read the VS online help.

For the ABAP-Mini system on the same network, you don't need a lot of connection parameters. Just ApplicationServer, SystemNumber, UserName, Password. All other could stay empty.