cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the purpose of sxmb_refersh_adapter_status and how it will improve the performance of PI??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please share your views what is the purpose of sxmb_refersh_adapter_status and how it will help in increasing the performance of the PI system.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

the Tcode - sxms_refresh_adapter_status is used to check the status of IDoc adapter.

If you use transaction SM36 to schedule this job on your Integration Server.

This job checks the status of messages that were sent to the IDoc adapter. Since the IDoc adapter does not send response messages, it is not automatically known whether a message was processed or not.

Thanks

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks for sharing your views.Please also let me know whether it is feasible to have this job schedule when only 4-5 Interfaces are using IDoc adapters and message flow is also not very high for this interface...on an average you can consider it as 3-5 message per day per interface.

Regards,

Abhi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my point of view the system that you mention has a very low load and it seems that the problems could be solutioned manually, but to schedule the job is an easy procedure, from my point of view i'd schedule the job one time per month and in this way i'd avoid isolated situations like if any interface flow grows unexpectedly.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

In my point of view, it is always better to avoid any manual intervension. And to do so you can schedule this job even if the msg volume is low.  It will reduce your work.

Thanks,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Partha for sharing your views.:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for all your valuable information.I will schedule this job once in a month.

Regards,

Abhi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I suposse that you are talking about the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS. As far as i know this program takes the messages in determinate state like "scheduled" and put them in a final status. If you configure the Archive/Deletion messages job, this one will take the final status messages in order to delete o archive them, then you can see the improvement if you havent got so much messages in a intermediate state consuming resources.

Also you can check this information: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,