cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any best practice standards for SAP GUI Configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I need your help please.

My name is Stefan and i am working as SAP Basic Administrator in a company supporting about 700 dialog users, working in an SAP ERP ECC 6.0 System.

The following problem disrupt our daily business:

If users of sale departments want to save orders there occur delays of a few minutes between SAP GUI (Version 7.3 Patch Level 1) on CLIENT and SAP System on HOST (IBM System i).

Therefore we checked up the working time on host needed to save one order on Database.

The monitored time show us just a minimal response time between 0.4 - 0.6 seconds on system directly.

Now the question is not to find out the optimal hardware system requirements because every PC or Notebook of our company has the optimal hardware configuration included itself.

We are just interested in configuration of any other options for SAP GUI contains.

Options like visual and interaction design, scripting options, trace options, security options and so on.

Do you know best practice configuration of SAP GUI 7.3 which works optimal?

Which options will be used in other companies? What is your own experience about that topic?

For Information:

- Daily about 2.000 to 3.000 orders will be created in our system

Please feel free to ask me if you need more information about our system.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xymanuel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

i would say this is not SAP GUI related.

Can you please use Transaction STAD and analyse the Transaction (Order entry V-01?).

There you can see the which part of Transaction uses the time.

And if you can't see Time like 60.000 ms für V-01 with 59.500ms used for GUI (an 500ms used for other) than this is not a GUI problem.

Please send a screenshot of STAD for a long running transaction (detailed view).

Regards

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

My personal knowledge: The Classic theme is the better choice to the users. The memory consumption is very better and don't have visual resources that can decrease performance.

The sap note 1426178 has information about how set this config with parameter files or windows registry. (the note is to version 7.2 but probably has relevant informations)

About the your specific problem, it can be a series of problems.

The users are at same location than the server? Check at Tcode ST03 > Front end Stats to check a high network response time.

The problem occurs only with purchase orders? The other processes works with satisfatory performance? You check DB locks related with purchase orders?

Kind Regards

Gilson

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

In the lower right corner of the SAP Gui you can chose to display 'Response Time' or 'Round Trips/Flushes' for any single UI step. What is displayed there after you saved a contract?

Also, it would be helpful to look at the statistical records (transaction STAD) that a created during the step.

Are client and host in the same location?

Best Regards,

Randolf