cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Side Car Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on a SAP HANA side car scenario. I have a Z report which needs to be read from SAP HANA database. I followed the following steps to identify the tables.

1. With the T-sode i identified the main program associated to the T-Code.

2. In SE80 selected the main program and identified the core tables, also identified the dependant tables

3. Replicated the tables to SAP HANA

4. Created the XML and loaded in SE38 to activate the scenario for SWT2DB

However when i run the trace in ST05 i still see that the tables are being read from SAP ECC. When i further analyse i see that there are certain function modules (SAP standard and Custom) within the main program specified in XML are being called.

Can you please tell me how do i handle such kind of scenarios for 100% read from SAP HANA and for faster reporting performance.

Regards

Nilesh Awaghan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

For application acceleration, this statement applies which i extracted from the OSS note 1696402 content:

"Custom scenarios must not operate on SAP programs! Custom scenarios that affect SAP programs are regarded as modifications and will not be supported by SAP."

Maybe you have to leave it as it is unless you want to copy out all standard into Z namespaces?

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yeu,

Thank you for the information. I just wanted to know do i need to create separate XML for the custom function modules that are there inside the main program. As they seem to read the information from SAP ECC database.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to define the scenarios with program identifier and database table.

if you name them all, it should work.

SAP doesn't support scenarios on SAP programs, but to my knowledge, scenarios on Z programs (but on SAP tables) are supported

Best regards,

Michael