cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS4 for HCM - Data Transfer not happening

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are executing a TDMS for HCM project with scrambling (TDMS4 SP04 with all released notes applied for HCM & Scrambling). We have installed TDMS Central & Control in a server and have different sender & receiver systems, as  recommended by SAP. However the Data transfer is not working, may be due to RFC.  Also the menu for further data selection is not appearing. I found a note in security guide (pg 10) which says 

"In TDMS for HCM projects, if the control system is different from the sender system, you cannot access the sender system using the RFC connection."  Does this mean that the Sender & Control should be together in the same system instead of separate systems. What else could be the issue for non-migration of data

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskaran,

An HCM system contains sensetive information regarding the employees and we do not want a Non HCM person access HCM related data for Selection. To ensure this, we ask our customer not to maintain HCM user in the RFC. Instead, you can maintain a switch "SND_LOGON" as 'X' in the activity  Configuration and Utilities in the Control System (Optional)->Set Technical Switches.

This will ensure that, when you execute the activity, you are shown the logon screen. You can login using a HCM user ID and perform selection. This will ensure that the data is selected.

It does not mean that the sender and the control system should be same. It just means you cannot directly login into the sender system by using the RFC connection.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Rishav Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskaran:

Did you run the following 2 steps before data transfer?

Configuration and Utilities in the Control System

Configuration and Utilities in the Sender System

I remember that I skipped them because they were optional, then no transfer happened.

I cannot find my document and I do not remember how did I fix it.

What is the status now?

Thanks!

Answers (0)