cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert using Dynamic text in BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using dynamic text function in alrtcatdef transaction for raising an alert using BPM.

But in the alert inbox I am not getting the an alert error message which is passed to alert catagory in control step of BPM. Can anyone please let me know what may be the possible solution of it.

I have done the below configuration:

Configuration done in Alrtcatdef transaction:

Created an alert catagory

assigned the fixed recipient

click the dynamic text button in alert catagory property.

Configuration done in BPM:

Used the Control step.

given the Alert catagory name,action and the alert error message.

Please let me know the solution soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

in RWB, in alert configuration, select your alrt category and make a rule for it for having generated when an error occurs in your BPM scenario......

After doing this, see if your alert gets generated......also see in BPM graphical workflow, whether your container operation where you have yur alert is getting invoked........Then your alert mail will be generated.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Did you assign value to the cotainer element in your BPM using a Container operation?

Check this against this blog and let us know if you have done exactly like shown by michal,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

I have referred the michal weblog and I have done the same step except the container operation step.

My requirement was to send the hard coded error message to the alert catagory so I didnt used the container operation step.

In the Control step I have hard coded my error message.

But still it is not showing in my alert inbox.

Can you please let me know is there any other settings needs to be done.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Which SP patch are you on?

As you have hard coded the alert text, you need not do anything apart from that?

Can you look into the BPM Log and see if the Control Step was actaully triggered? Did you receiver the Alert in the alert inbox?

If yes, check against all tabs like Short text and long text for the Text.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavesh,

I am using SP-11.

In the alert inbox i m getting the alert but in the short or long text the hard coded message is not shown.

Dynamic text was not working hence I have raise a message using the normal method where I have created a catagory and in the container varaible i have hard coded my text message and call that alert catagory in BPM.

This worked fine but with dynamic text it is not working.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

in your alert cat, use dynamic text option.......save your alert category......

in BPM, container step, choose Alert.......give your alert category here.....give the alert msg here..........save BPM and activate it........also see my above posting...

again test your BPM scenario......

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the same thing which you told me.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Would suggest searching on Markep Place for some OSS notes as SP 11 is quite old and maybe this is a known issue for which Patches had been released which have not been updated.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found a note : 941489 . Maybe implementing it can help.

Not very sure though.

Regards

Bhavesh