cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

question reg safety stock in ATP check; the scope of check excludes safety stock but has process order in the checking rule; consider the below scenario

Inventory : 0

safety stock : 1500

Production order : 1500 @ 08/20/2013

Sales order: 1500 @ Req date of 08/25

Plnd order : 1500 @ 08/25 (mat availability)

Initial ATP check above promises all 1500 quantity in sales order pegging on process order at 08/20/2013, now the prod order has been GR'ed and plnd order has been cancelled

Inventory : 1500

Safety Stock: 1500

Sales order: 1500 @ req date of 08/25

now Re-Atp the sales order does not confirm any quantity as the inventory is taken by safety stock in scope of check, is there any setting that could make prod order on 08/20/213 not available to sales order in the initial ATP as its planned for Safety stock so the sales order wont get uncommitted or changed to a different date when we do Re-Atp.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the settings in T.code OVZ9. Make the field Incl.Production order as blank and test it. Also depending on your requirement, you may need to put blank value for the field Incl.planned orders.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv Ram

My requirement is to always have planned and prod order in ATP check and excluding safety stock,but would maintain safety stock at material level and make it available for certain orders.. my issue is sales order gets promised on production order and later getting unconfirmed when production order is GR'ed as now its taken by safety stock...is there a way to exclude prod order quantity that's planned for safety stock in ATP check ?

Regards

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible in the standard system.

To ensure consistency, you should use the same scope of check settings for both of the ATP checks that you are performing.

Perhaps you could consider a make to order process, rather than a dynamic ATP check....

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no consistency issue, my requirement is similar to using different scope of check in ATP for sales order and delivery with different elements. There is an SAP enhancement which does allow changing scope of check in sales order...so there should be some options to deal with this kind of scenario....I do see OSS notes which (older version <4) which does show safety stock as element in ATP quantities which is exactly what I'm looking for...

Regards

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanted to do it, then you would have to use exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001. You could insert your own logic in here to change the value of P_ATPCSX-PRREG. This would allow you to use different scope of checks, depending on your own logic. But there is no standard setting to change this. Which note numbers are you referring to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel

The Exit is working already and I can use different scope of checks in sales order,  but the safety stock is not reducing planned receipts available quantity  in co09 , there by letting sales orders promising on production order and then later when production in put in inventory now it goes to safety stock not making it available for ATP...checked OSS note 166755

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Details

In Release 3.0/3.1, the safety stock in the ATP calculation was not handled

as a negative stock. This is the case as of Release 4.0. If the safety

stock is not taken into account for the ATP calculation; so the ATP

quantities of planned receipts are only available if the safety stock is

covered. Consequently, the safety stock works like a requirement with the

highest priority.

This behavior is not required. In addition errors occur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stock shows as negative, but the planned receipts shows available though ATP though they are to cover for safety stock demand...i want to get the planned receipts cover up safety stock demand first then followed by actual sales order

Inventory :100

safety stock : 300

Prod order: 200

CO09 for a new sales order of 200

Inventory - 200

Prod order 200

sales order :200

the sales order gets committed with 200 qty from prod order; when the same prod order is Gred then ATP in sales order shows zero as all 300 inventory goes to safety stock and de-allocating the confirmed sales order...would like to see the prod order 200 not available in CO09 as its to cover the negative 200 caused by safety stock in co09

Regards

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, I understand the issue now.

This is the way that the system has been designed.

However, SAP do have a pilot note (176951) that will allow you to change this behaviour. To get this, you will need to request that your customer number is added to the note (via a customer message). After applying that note, the system should ensure that there is 0 available for the sales order in your example (the production order receipt is used to cover the safety stock).

Answers (0)