Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Scheduling Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a BOM structure where Sub-Assembly is feeding into
Phantoms which finally makes Finished Goods. Here there will be 2 planned
orders, 1 for Sub-Assembly and 1 for Finished Goods. Requirement is to use “forward
scheduling with earliest date possible”. When I do that both Planned Orders are
taking the earliest date without considering the availability.

For making things easier, here is the example

Case 1 is the result I am getting and Case 2 is what I need,
but I can only achieve that with “backward scheduling with current date”. Does
anyone know how to get that with forward scheduling? I played around with various
settings in strategy profile but couldn’t achieve. Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Vs,

Use Bottom Up heuristic(SAP_PP_009) with forward strategy. It'll automatically move the subsequent order to future according to the sub assembly availability.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I tried Bottom Up Heuristic, but didn't worked.

Let me explain it more clearly.

A weekly demand is created in SNP for finished goods at plant. In PPDS, to split that demand to daily based on capacity, we are defining the max lot size in Product Master (heard that's the only way to split the order). So in the planning run, Step 1 has Stage Numbering Algorithm, Step 2 has MRP002. If I stop there it is taking the sub-assembly availability into account and creating the orders in sequence. But the problem is, it is creating all the orders on same date. So to schedule them I am assigning Reschedule function and the Forward strategy profile in Step 3. Here it is placing both the sub-assembly and finished goods to the earliest date ignoring sub-assembly availability.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks,

VS

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Vs,

Let me re state you points.

If you run MRP002, it is giving you perfect result , but it is creating all order on the same date. Yes it will create because MP002, is a unconstrained planning, it doesn't look for capacity planning.

So if you need to do capacity planning along with multilevel run , you need to change your configuration in MRP002.

1. first copy the standard lot heuristic (SAP_PP_002  to ZSAP_PP_002) and change the scheduling in strategy tab as shown in picture

2. copy the heuristic MRP002 to ZMRP002, and assign the modified standard lot ZSAP002, as shown

So run

1. stage numbering algorithm

2. MRP Multilevel modified one(ZMRP002)

3. Bottom Up heuristic if necessary.

First check the result after running the two steps, i hope it'll give the desired result, if still not, at the end run Bottom Up heuristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

I tried the above steps you have mentioned, but didn't get the desired result.

in Step 02, Either using standard SAP_MRP_002 or ZSAP_MRP_002 with ZSAP_PP_002 didn't changed the output. The result is as shown in the below pic.

In Step 03, when I do the rescheduling with Bottom-Up Heuristic, it still creating 50 orders on same day as above. But if I use Reschedule function with forward strategy to take earliest date, it is creating orders as in below pic, where 10 is the max lot size in product master which is also a daily capacity.

Here, scheduling wise its correct. But both orders are starting at the same time without considering the availability of sub-assembly.

The desired result should be like in below pic

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_horlacher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

please see notes 397989, 663297, 441102,

particularly 560969 Rescheduling: Bottom-Up (SAP_PP_009)

and note 551124

quote:

How do I execute a planning run?
The planning run is made up of several steps.No one tool in itself can
meet all the requirements.Find out the options and limits of the
                                                              different tools in the APO system.
A planning run using several tools from the APO system could look as
follows:

o  You execute an infinite MRP heuristic for the products that are
        produced on bottleneck resources.

o  You execute the following procedures for the bottleneck resource:

-  PP/DS optimization

-  Resource heuristic

-  Manual scheduling on the detailed scheduling planning table

o  You adjust the planning of the finished products to the changed
        resource load. You can use the SAP_PP_009 heuristic
        'Rescheduling:Bottom-Up' for this.

o  You execute an infinite MRP heuristic for all other products and
        raw materials.

Also check the usage of the SNP Optimizer.If you can use the SNP
Optimizer, then the planning process could look as follows:

o  You execute the SNP optimization.

o  You convert the SNP planned orders into PP/DS planned order.This
        explodes the PP/DS plan.This typically contains more components
        than the SNP PPM.Additional dependent requirements are also
        generated for these additional components during the conversion.

o  You execute an infinite MRP heuristic to satisfy these additional
        dependent requirements.

BR Frank

Message was edited by: Frank Horlacher  in your case run the bottom up separately for the subassembly then the phantom 1 and then phantom2 products.

when you do the forward scheduling with earliest date you also need make the follwing setting in the strategy profile: Dynamic Pegging  always consider. You can even run the fix pegging heuristic after the bottom up heuristic to have the relationships between the subassemblies fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info.

When I say in Strategy Profile to consider Dynamic Pegging, I am getting the right sequence of orders but it is ignoring to take the earliest date.

Bottom-up is planning all orders on the same day. It is not scheduling based on the max lot size given in prod master.

Bottom line is, if I use dynamic pegging, scheduling is correct but not at earliest date. if I take out dynamic pegging, scheduling is not correct and taking earliest date. Tried all the strategy settings and heuristics but of no use. Please let me know how to deal with this.

Thanks,

VS

frank_horlacher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi VS,

I could not reproduce your problem on our system.

Without knowing everything of your example I can recommend the following:

Run heuristic stable forward scheduling.

BR Frank