cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Can't Access SAP after OS of HP-UX Upgrade to ver 11.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

I have a problem with SAP Application when finish with OS HP-UX RX6600 Upgrade from 11.23 to 11.31 because Listener and Startsap running with normal but I can't login or get SAP display with error in the below :

Please help for my problem as soon because next days I have planning with Oracle upgrade from 10g to 11g and I need UAT before Oracle upgrade running.

Thanks and regards,

Paul Matondang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please check the /etc/services and /etc/host files, is this "changed/altered" during the upgrade of the OS? Because it says the ip-address with sapdp00 not reached.

Or there must be a change in the firewall-settings (port range 32xx/33xx/36xx)? Check via telnet to that ip with port 3200 for example.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the input and I will try first with upgrade the sap kernel because from the log the kernel still using the old version of OS HP-UX

But if you have another advise please tell me.

Thanks and regards,

Paul

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

As you mentioned that while starting listener/oracle/SAP, everything starts up fine but you are unable to connect via SAP GUI.

Please check/post logs such dev_wp*, dev_ms*, dev_disp* etc in general the work logs to see what is actually happening.

Also, after starting SAP do you see all the work processes running quite after some time?

There could be a problem in the network interface itself, as in like while upgrading OS, you need to recheck the ports, IP address hostname resolution etc.

Also, if you havent started everything afresh after a OS reboot, you can try to start everything after rebooting OS from scratch.

What Kernel version are you currently on?

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay,

Thank you for the solution and after change the IP in /etc/host my problem already solved

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't forget to mark your post as the "correct/helpful/assumed answered" answer, so future viewers know what resolved the issue.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Check you message server and disp logs

Check "getip hostname". Check for IP address deactivation..

Regards,

Divyanshu

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the work process trace file.

dev_w0

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I check ? can you give me the step by step ?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The SAP work processes trace files are present at /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work

Regards

RB