cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Issue in Plant Maintenance Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have requirement as described below, please give us your solutions / comments on this.

We have GTC company which is having around 800 trucks for transporting the products. I n this company we have implemented SAP Plant Maintenance Module, as we have the maintenance activities done for vehicles.

Under the same group of companies, we have PM1,PM2,PM3 companies which provide maintenance to GTC. These companies are not external to the group.

When I raise a maintenance order for a vehicle then I will mention hours of work and material that need to be used in the activity. This maintenance work / labour is provided by PM1/PM2/PM3 company.

In plant maintenance we have external service management, but that is for external vendors who provide service to GTC.

But how to handle the same with internal vendors like PM1/PM2/PM3.

Please tell me how to handle this kind of scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well

you can do it in this way i guess

1.Divide your GTC into 03 maintenance plants.It would be under ur GTC plant

2.create PM1,PM2,PM3 as maintenance plannning plants for GTC.Each would have its own plant as per your business.

3.company code can be as per business requirements .

4. your controlling area should be same for all your company codes for which your are assigning plants.

Try this

pushpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

You measn PM1,PM2.......are external vendors who do maintenance for GTC,but you do not want to maintain them as external vendors.

Which control key are you using?

Can you put some more detail in the business scenario?I think we do the same thing.

Yousuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a major topic and cannot be covered in a blog. Even if it can it will take a lot of time to clarify. So, first do your checks within your module. Check if u really need to treat the services from the other company as external services. You might as well create workcenters in the plants of the other companies. And make a single maintenance planning plant for all the plants in these companies. This will make a better solution technically. But think also from the perspective of the cost of this solution. Meaning, is it worth doing all the jobs such as maintaining activity prices, work centers in the other plants etc..

In general, my suggestion is include the FI and CO consultants at least in the discussion. It will b good if u can have the MM consultant also during the discussion.

Bala