SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Type not available - Installation Groups

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm experimenting with Installation Groups and have done the minimum configuration from the SPRO node

"Define Billing Rules for Installation Groups" , such that the validation report for the Grouping Type returns "Customizing for Installation Groups Is Consistent".

I'm trying to define an installation as primary within a group, but only the fields for secondary installations are available for updating within the installation timeslice.

Is there some other configuration I'm missing?

Thanks

Astrid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Astrid:

Check the installation group cookbook

Excerpt: When maintaining utility installations, you will find the Key of Primary Installation, Role of an Installation Within the Installation Group, and Grouping Type fields in the time-dependent data. In

order to create an installation group, you must:

• Enter a grouping type in the historical part of the utility installation that you want to use as the

primary installation.

• Enter an installation role in the historical part of the utility installations that you want to use as

secondary installations. Enter the key of the primary installation in the Primary Installation field.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Astrid:

Check the installation group cookbook

Excerpt: When maintaining utility installations, you will find the Key of Primary Installation, Role of an Installation Within the Installation Group, and Grouping Type fields in the time-dependent data. In

order to create an installation group, you must:

• Enter a grouping type in the historical part of the utility installation that you want to use as the

primary installation.

• Enter an installation role in the historical part of the utility installations that you want to use as

secondary installations. Enter the key of the primary installation in the Primary Installation field.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill

I've got the cookbook and I can't find anything in it relevant to my issue.

The Group Type field is not enabled and so I can't define the Primary installation.

If I try setting up the 2ndary installation first I get this message

Allocation Grouping Type  is not defined for a Role 0001

Message no. E9323

Diagnosis

Allocation Grouping Type  is not defined for Role Role.

If you want to specify an installation as a secondary installation, you must enter a valid combination of:

º  Primary installation

º  Installation role within an installation group

The combination you have selected is not defined.

Thanks

Astrid

Message was edited by: Astrid Gambill - blocked out the PII in the image.

0 Kudos

Astrid:

I was able to create the group using this seqeuence:

1. Primary installation change to add a grouping type.
  2. Secondary installation to add the primary installation and the role.

After those are done, the changes are saved and the group exists.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Bill

I must be missing something as the Group Type is not an editable field within the installation timeslice as shown in the screenshot above.

Thanks

Astrid

0 Kudos

Check your field selection settings for installation in the IMG.   Utilities > Master Data > Installation > Define field selection.

0 Kudos

I would have replied sooner, but not all of your message made it to the email notification and I didn't realize you had provided the SPRO path and a screenshot.

I find it amusing that the other 3 fields were available but this one wasn't.  go figure!

Thanks.