cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.2 SP8 UI - No pictures :(

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I've got everything but one little part of the HTML5/REST UI working.  I can't display a picture associated with the identity.

Based on a query to the database, it would appear that the value for MX_USER_PICTURE is not being updated in the database. I have tested updating other attributes through the Change My Data button, but the picture does not. Is there something I did not turn on?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

We also installed SP8 and experienced the problem as well, no picture. Of course we're just on our first steps with UI5 and IDM, but it would be great to know what's causing this error.

regards,

Ingo

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've been told by some of the development team that there are known issues with the picture attribute.  Hopefully they'll be addressed in an SP8 Patch or in SP9.  One thing is for certain, this is only going to get better!

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to update the MX_USER_PICTURE from outside, meaning a custom class implementation. The trouble is I do not know which datatype the binary attribute is filled with.

Uploading the picture from classical UI or via UI5 interface is working as a charm, but it seems not to be stored as a simple BASE64 encoding of a picture. It seams to me that the picture is stored in a special class and handed over?

@Matt: did you experiment with the pictures already?

Would be great to automatically fill the pictures from outside (SAP HR, or from a kind of archive) and provide them to IDM?

We are at SP8 at the moment and I do not like to update next - but perhaps it's a bit clearer as time has come by?

Thank you,

best regards,

Ingo Seeberg-Hinrichs

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ingo,

I've only done this via MMC or the UI.  I have had no use case for doing it via an application.

Please start a separate thread for this.

Regards,

Matt

daniel_rothmund
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the same problem ... Have you found a solution ?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Matt asked me to create a new thread for this.

Now I've opened this thread:

Perhaps we are able to solve the issue together. Actually I have no solution for this.

best regards,

Ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like it could be an issue with the type of field that was setup on the DB, if I recall my DBA was grumpy with IDM SP05 creating fields using varchar instead of Text.

What "Type" in ID Center is the MX_USER_PICTURE Target set to?

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Billy, the attribute is defined as a binary, as I think it should be.

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How bout varbinary(max), you may be running into a "picture too large for field" issue.  I also read some M$ forums that binary and other older field types are going to start going unsupported.