cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantine Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

My customers want to use a quarantine Time per material. It's possible?.

The possible solution that I reviewed was:

1. Mark the Material with Automatic UD

2. Configure SPRO-Quality Inspection-Inspection Lot Completion-Plan Automatic Usage Decision the Waiting Time (mins)

3. Plan the Job to make the UD

But this solution is only per center, not per material.

It's possible to configure a material with a quaratine time??? Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First it will be very helpful to know what do you mean by "quarantine time"

1.Is it mean the time for which material is with Quality ?

>>This can be time between IL creation & UD taken.

or

2.Is it mean time for which it is quarantine in perticuler storage location ?

>>This can be from Inventory mangement tables.you can catch time between creation of material document to put material in quarantine & when its removed.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. that's the only "standard" solution.

An option is to copy the Auto UD program into a Z program. I'd add coding to then maybe work off the inspection lot end date.  I'd set up a preferred inspection type for the materials I want to quarantine.  Then set up the average duration time in the inspection type set up in the material master. This would then calculate the inspection end date accordingly.  The Z program could run once a day and process only the lots with the preferred inspection type and that have reached their end date.  The down side to this is that the smallest quarantine period would be a day.  Not hours. 

If you need hours, then you'll need a place to keep each materials time, (an 001 material class characteristic maybe).  Then do the same as above but make your Z program do a calculation from start date time + hours (or minutes).  Of course you'd probably want to run this program every hour or less in batch.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean when you say "Then set up the average duration time in the inspection type set up in the material master".

I was checking a field to complete this average but I couldn't find it.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to maintain somewhere, for each material, the time for it to remain in quarantine.  If your quarantine time can be express in full days, then I was suggesting you use the average inspection duration for a custom inspection type to hold this value.  This is used to calculate the end date of the inspection lot.

The avg. insp. duration is maintained in the inspection type setup in the QM view of the material master. 

FF