cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter not working on PI 7.31

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently facing an issue with our PI 7.31 system. It is a Java only installation using the AEX adapter engine.

I have a SOAP -> PI -> IDOC scenario. When I try and make a SOAP request using either soapUI or XMLSpy I get the following error:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System is currently not started

I have set the trace logs to debug for the SOAP adapter but unfortunately they dont reveal any more useful details. I know the URL I am calling is correct because the request is hitting the SOAP adapter, it performs an HTTP authentication however the request does not get any further than that.

I have tried restarting the J2EE engine and the server node itself but this hasn't made any difference.

I found SAP Note 0001377717 which seems to address the error I am facing by patching the SAP_XIAF component . However it is only applicable to older version of PI, not 7.31.

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Krishneel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishneel,

As you said, all the SOAP communication channels stopped working? did they worked previously?

If so please check with you basis team, did they upgrade ECC or applied any patch in PI. sometimes ECC upgrade will also effect the PI interfaces. all we need to do is apply the patch which is relevant to the ECC, it will be mentioned in the upgrade guide.

As you already tried the other options, i'm including the few ways to resolve the issue.

--> Try to restart the soap adapter services from visual admin also check the adapter services or running or not?

--> check whether the cache is updating or not? check the communication channel cache as well.

--> Try to delete one SOAP communication channel and create freshly and see, in most of the cases it will work?

Regards

Bhargava krishna

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishneel,

Are you facing this issue for any specific scenario or for all Sender SOAP Adapters? If this is for any specific interface, can you try by creating another Sender SOAP Channel and check?

Regards,

Nabendu.

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Unfortuantely I'm getting this error for all Sender SOAP Channels. I did try creating a nother SOAP Sender channel for this scenario but that didnt help.

Rg,

Krishneel

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishneel,

Could you check If you are sending data for mandatory fields or not?

and also check the time for http in smicm and rz10 transactions.

Regards,

vishnu.

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishneel

Have you tested the service through Web service navigator?

Regards

Javier

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Unfortunately i havent been able to do this. I can log into the Service Registry without any issues. However when I try and publish my Integrated Configuration to the SR I get the following error:

Could not establish connection to Services Registry; configure connection to Services Registry in SAP NetWeaver Administrator and try again

Rg,

Krishneel

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to register in the SR.

Go to http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc~esi~esp~wsnav~ui/WSNavigator

In the WSDL URL field, copy the url from the integrated configuration option "Display WSDL"

And test the service

Regards

Javier

Krishneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I tested it using the WS Navigator but unfortunately I still get the same error.

Rg,

Krishneel