Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicts between Add-on components

ramesh_putta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install a PAT file in a system and get the following error while installing.

'Conflicts between Add-on  XYZ 6.10  and other components'

Here, the problem is, we have a software component ABC earlier, and we decided on changing the software component name to XYZ and created a new PAT file. So while installing this PAT file, it errors out saying conflict between components.

what we could do here to keep the new name ?

Here is the screen shot of the error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... seems to me that your old custom add-on (whatever it is) is effectively blocking you from installing the new one. I would simply try the installation on a clean system.

Regards.

ramesh_putta
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct. the old add-on looks like blocking the new add-on because we changed the name of the new add-on ( we had to change it due to some other reasons).

If we had kept the same name , then it would not have been a problem.

when i tried and installed it in a clean system, it installed fine. But as our customers installs it over the older add-on , they may get the similar problem.

So here are my questions:

- Is there any way, we can remove the old add-on from the system to install the new one?

or

- Is there any other way we can install the new one(with new name) on top of the old add-on?

what are my options here?

thanks.

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wish to remove the old add-ons, then there is very less possibility because as you know most of the add-ons installation is irreversible.

Only option would be restore your SAP system, which again is not feasible if its a long time back.

Only options I can see here is that you either install a new add-on in a new system or figure out a way to break that check which shall allow you to install/upgrade/delta the new add-on on top of existing add-on.

-Akshay

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, If the new add-on is an upgrade of the old one you need to make sure that the package comes as an delta-upgrade rather than a new install, having said that I have no clue how to achieve that as that's not my area.

Regards

Juan

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Why are you doing this ? What are you trying to do ??

Regards,

Divyanshu

ramesh_putta
Participant
0 Kudos

We are a product based company and we distribute our code to our customers using PAT files.

And i had above problem while installing that PAT file.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I concur, blacking out the component you are asking help to fix is not helpful...