cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use load balancing features with SAP NW RFC RfcOpenConnection: Access violation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo ,

I'm writing a C++ windows program to connect to one or more SAP Server(s) from  a non-SAP environment. I used the nwrfcsdk from the package NWRFC_9-20004566.SAR

I succesfully connect to a Sap Server using the sapnwrfc.ini or passing all the parameters in the array taken by the function RfcOpenConnection in case of direct application server logon ( i.e. ASHOST and SYSNR ) but I have big problem using the load balancing parameters (i.e. MSHOST, MSSERV,  R3NAME or SYSID and GROUP).

Fom the SAP GUI 720 (final realase) for windows i succesfully connect to the group, but as soon as the RfcOpenConnection tries to connect to the Group I received the following error:

Unhandled exception at 0x781449d1 (msvcr80.dll) in TestLoadBalancing.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000002.

The problem is the same using the sample provided by SDK itself. Note both my program and the sample can succesfully without any problem using the same ini file.

The patch ATL security patch MS09-035 for the msvcr80 is alreay present on the machine.

Is there any knon issue about this ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide code snippet with RfcOpenConnection call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is present using the samples provided by the NW SDK and easly reproducibòple using a Load balancing connection.

But yesterday I found this note

Note 1756105 - Crash when connection is set up without SNC

that with the following symptoms

"If a connection is set up without SNC through a message server, a crash occurs in the NetWeaver RFC library."

that fits my case.

I'm expecting the new version of the SDk from the IT guy and I will try it. Very likely seems the solution is there

I will update the Thread further

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried with SAP GUI 730?  720 had support ending this April.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try adding sapms<SID>  36(system no)/tcp in /etc/services on the windows host from where you are trying to connect. Normally loadbalancing need information about the port and and services which will be used to connect to SAP system. It might help you.

Regards,

Abhishek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I forget to say the sapms00 (tab) 3600/tcp line was added to the services file

the strange thing is that if i put a wrong name in the GROUP parameter I receive a network error saying the GROUP is unknown, so I presume the sdk connects to SAP Server(s) and ask for GROUP list. In this case I do not receive any access violation but only an application error while I ha the access violation jut in case I write the good GROUP name