cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager_Support desk message archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I wants to archive support desk messages in SARA. In SARA if i give archiving object as "SM_QMEL", i am getting following message:

<b>Entry SM_QMEL does not exist in ARCH_OBJ (check entry)

Message no. 00058</b>

Diagnosis

Input values must be defined in Table ARCH_OBJ. The value or values 'SM_QMEL ' are not specified in this table.

Procedure

Check whether the input is correct and correct if necessary.

Procedure for System Administration

If this is not an incorrect entry, check the system settings and change them if necessary.

If there is a connection to the Customizing system, you can maintain the system settings by choosing Customizing in the Performance Assistant or Maintain Entries (F5) when displaying the help in a modal dialog box.

Even i wants to implement SAP OSS NOTE:195425, This note includes archiving object"SM_QMEL". But i can not implement. System is keep on executing without implementing the OSS Note.

Please guide me. How to implement the note(195425)?

Any answer will be very much appreciated.

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

There are two types of messages when one support message is created.

The CRM message has to be archived using the archiving object CRM_SERORD. The basis messages cannot be archived because there is no archiving

object existing for them.

You can only set the deletion flag as you have done and then afterwards

you can use report Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS.

For CRM test messages alternatively the report CRM_ORDER_DELETE can be

used with the following restriction.

Deleting of CRM message with report "crm_order_delete" works only if the

item of the CRM message (with exists in the background without being

displayed) is not released. But if you are using transactiontype SLF1

for the CRM message the status 'Released' is set for the

item as soon as you set the status 'In process' for the message. As

'Completed' is a follow-up status of status 'In process' you cannot de-

lete the CRM messages anymore using the report.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Thanks. So we can not access the object "SM_QMEL" in t.code SARA . Is it?.

You said, "You can only set the deletion flag as you have done ". In which transaction code, should i flag deletion indicator?

Is it possible ti implement OSS note 195425?

Thanks

Senthil

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

I was checking how to put the "Deletion Flag" in a

In transaction DNOTIFWL select the Notification, open it and change the status from "In process" to "Completed Notification", after doing that you can change the status to "Mark for deletion"

In table DNOD_NOTIF you can see the status.

I think we need someone with CRM knowledge, because I am not sure if after "Mark for deletion" it is necessary to run anything more, sorry for that.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, note 195425 is not for 7.00 systems.

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

What you mean by "Note is not for 7.00 systems? R u talking about versions?

I have flaged for deletion. Even though, if i list my support desk messages, the deleted message also coming alon with the other messages.I think it needs to be archived in SARA..in archiving object SM_QMEL?. Then only it will be completely removed from the list.

What do u suggest?

Senthil

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

As we spoke: There are two types of messages when one support message is created.

- The CRM message has to be archived using the archiving object CRM_SERORD, not object SM_QMEL, not using note 195425.

- The basis messages cannot be archived because there is no archiving

object existing for them. So, after you set the deletion flag in DNOTIFWL afterwards you can use report Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS to delete this basis messages

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

In which transaction shold i run Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS to delete basis message?

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

We are trying to run a report Z_delete_basic_notifications in T C SE38 Im getting the message it dosen't exsist. I have download a note 566225 to implement the above report,while implementing the note I'm getting the following Error give below.

Make repairs in foreign namespaces only if they are urgent

Message no. TK016

Diagnosis

This transaction is intended for objects in a namespace reserved for SAP objects, or objects from another software vendor.

This namespace is delivered to this system.

System Response

The function continues.

Procedure

Only make urgent repairs here and only after discussing them with the owner of the namespace.

i'm waiting for response and advance thanks

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

What status of the archive object CRM_SERORD can be archived? What messages (CRM side). I would think that any CRM message marked as completed would show be able to be archived (where their corresponding ABA message was deleted). But when I do the pre-processing in SARA for CRM_SERORD (program CRM_ARC_SERORD_CHECK, set variant to Transaction type SLFN, CRM message to one that has no ABA message (was deleted) I get a "zero messages checked result".

When I do the pull down in the variant screen it also gives me messages that still have ABA notifications (with only one that doesn't). Can you shed any light on this? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I am facing a similar problem with implementing this note 566225. How did you finally manage implement it?

have you also tried the ic-webclient of the suport desk message creation.i am unable to proceed on that.

Lalchand.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores, I made what you say, and the notifications has been deleted, but no completly, I mean I still see the notifications using SOLMAN_WORKCENTER or the CRM_DNO_MONITOR, How I deleted complete the notification?

Let see.... only ABA notifications can be delete it and CRM notifications can be archive only.... It thas't right? That´s why I Still see some notifications on CRM_DNO_MONITOR..

Thanks

Edited by: José Francisco Maldonado Vargas on Sep 2, 2008 4:13 PM

Edited by: José Francisco Maldonado Vargas on Sep 2, 2008 4:50 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

I have also come across the a simillar incident, where in we wanted to deleted all the test messages created before we go-live.

that we have implemented the Note 566225, i.e importing the report Z_DELETE_BASIC_NOTIFICATIONS. and later changed all my notification or messages from inprocess,new completed to marked for deletion.

and later ran the report 1st in test mode to check the list of records being deleted and later deleted the record. the result also showed me the list of record deleted.

and we also confirm the same from the table DNOD_NOTIF. but again when we go ot the message list and observe we still find the messages there.

also how do we delete messages with status of 'External Processing' and the list only shows the messages which are outstanding the date.

could you help me in resolving the same.

Regards

Mahendra K