cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why weight in quant not changed, after change the weight in inbound delivery and PGR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a question:

the storage location in HU active.

I create inbound delivery and change the weight using VL32N. After posting goods receipt the stock is K (consignment vedor) and moved to storage type 902 to HU active storage location.

but the quant always taking information from material master data. I can see this using LQ02.

any antswer can help. thank you in advance!

regards,

Yu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why are you changing the weight in Inbound Delivery?

You are entering the right weight already. Your input is in KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

the custmer wants to change the field total weight in inbound delivery manually and then post GR. in stock overview LS26 you will see the weight data is from master data of material but NOT from changed weight data in inbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a case of circular thinking. Why does your customer wants to change the total weight?

You are entering the RIGHT weight in the delivery (KG is a measure of weight).

The total weight shown in the delivery is calculated based on the weight of the material you are receiving.

In your example, the gross weight: 14.540 KG. What was the qty received in INbound delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

Try using unit of issue: KG (Plant view).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

i tried to change the unit of issue in KG. But what is the base UoM? i tried in KG or in PCE. But it is not allowed.

Error:The alternative unit of measure is the same as the base unit of measure.

do you think that the UoM in Basis data and purchasing and plant are maintained correctly?

thank you!

regards,

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

I have just done a quick test to make sure that you would be able to receive in KG.

All you need is the following:

1) Base UOM: EA or PC

2) Unit of Issue: KG

3) Need to have the equivalence eg. 1kg = 1 EA

That should work.

Additionally, you need to setup your palletization data to be able to create the right number of TOs in WM. (View WM2)

Potential Issue:

If your supplier tracks its deliveries in PC and you receive in KG. Invoicing will be done by the exact qty you are posting in your GR. Eg. If you receive 100 PC that weight 98 KG. SAP will cuts an invoice for 98 KG. You will need to clarify the business need

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul

thank for your reply.

I did the following setting in material master data.

1) Base UOM: EA or PC

2) Unit of Issue: KG

3) Need to have the equivalence eg. 1kg = 1 EA

And i can receive GR in KG in whs stock. But after changing total weight in inbound delivery and posting GR, the stock in KG in stroage type 902 (LS26) still take the weight info from material master data. Is it standard?

the problem is: I need to do the transfer posting using LQ02 from K-stock to own stock. I found the stock weight is not correct just like the total weight from inbound delivery. So i cannt settle consignment using MRKO with the corrected weight.

thank you.

best regards,

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

You dont need to change the weight in Inbound Delivery. You are receiving the right weight because your unit of measure is KG.

Am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

the customer has to change total weight in inbound delivery often, because they need to settle the consignment for the stock (after transfer posting from K Vendor stock to own stock using LQ02) with corrected weight from inbound delivery.

that means, the customer orders material (sheet metal ) in PC and post GR in weight, but only post GR in weight from the inbound delivery as consignment vendor stock. After posting change from K to own stock, customer will pay this stock in corrected weight from inbound delivery.

i  hope, i could clarify the process in detail.  Could you understand this process?

thank you so much.

best regards,

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your requirement? Change the weight every time you post a gr?

You are right. The weight depends on the material not on the delivery.

If your material have diferent weights you have to play with units of measure.

Eg. Redifining your material so 1 unit = 1 kg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you for your reply.

yes, you are right. customer wants to change the weight in inbound delivery manuelly.

and customer wants use transaction MRKO - consignment and pipeline settlement to post the price for material based on the changed weight in inbound delivery.

I can not find any link from material document to the weight in inbound delivery, after posting change from K to own stock (LQ02 warehouse movement type 994).

did anyone have such requirement from customer before?

thanks and regards,

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos
I had a similar situation before.  You cannot change the weight of a material.  So our solution was to setup the material unit of measure as 1 kg.  When you do your inbound delivery you will receive the exact weight the receiver is typing.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

i am glad to hear that you had this situation before.

I really created a new material as consignment for testing. I maintained the field in material master data basis UoM in KG and order UoM in PCE. After i changed the weight in inbound delivery manuelly. I posted GR for inbound. in LS26 I saw the GR K-stock was placed in storage type 902, but the weight is still not taken from inbound delivery. It took the weight from material master data.

could you explain me in details, how did you fix it?

Former Member
0 Kudos
When you create the inbound delivery don't receive the material by the piece . Instead of 10 Pce you should receive 10 kg. that way you are inputting the right weight.  If the next delivery your material weights 12 kg. then you will receive 12 kgs.
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Paul,

thanks for your reply. I tried to create an inbound delivery wiht refers to SA/PO. In purchase order the UoM is PCE and the inbound delivery has also the Uom in PCE. The Unit in inbound delivery cannt not be changed into KG. I changed the total weight in inbound and post GR. In Stock overview LS26 I see the weight is still from material master data.

how can I receive material in inobund by the KG?

in inbound delivery the SU is PCE. This cannt be changed in KG.in LS26 the GR is still from the setting from material master data.

best regards,

Yu