cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field control in bespoke tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to setup field control to make a bespoke field in a bespoke tab toggle between “READ only” and “Editable”. 

I have gone through number of posts and the SAP note 947936 mentioned. I have setup the entire configuration and the condition coding required and it is still not working.

The field control configuration for bespoke field to standard SAP view via enhancement works. As part of the same Webdynpro on a bespoke TAB is added and bespoke fields added. Field control configuration to use the same condition is done. It is on this bespoke TAB the field the control does not seem to work.

What confuses me is that, to setup a field control dynamically, is it all done via configuration? Is some coding still required in the VIEW methods? I am setting up a debug breakpoint in the class method that is created for the condition I created, but the program is not stopping there so I think the condition method is not being called.

Is there something additional thing need to be done?

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

do the field control assigned to  involved project type ?

To set the break-point at the generated class is actually the good idea. The class should have the folloing pattern:

/1CPR/CL_client_fieldcontrol_objectype

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo

The field control configuration  is based on Object type. The configuration is correct.

Here are further details.

The main SAP component is

DPR_MAINFRAME

Within this component there have been 2 changes made via enhancement.

1. SAP Component: DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O

To this component a bespoke field is added and the

Display/Change attributes configuration works.

2. Additional bespoke TAB Added

The Display/Change attributes configuration does not seem to work for

bespoke field on this TAB

Thanks

Raj

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

difficult to tell, where the problem is.

Is the bespoke field ID in bespoke tab identical  with the one in good case?

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo

The fields are setup exactly the same in field control configuration. I understand, this is a difficult question to solve unless one has come across a similar problem.

Regards

Raj

Answers (0)