cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing The Top View While Letting Others Scroll Vertically

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

This question concerns the 'freezing' of some views while letting others scroll.

I have a window that contains a view called vw_layout.

vw_layout has 5 view containers , vcu1_1,2,3,4 and 5.

vw_one is imbedded in vcui_1, vw_two in vcui_2, etc.

The height of the combined views is such that we must scroll vertically to see everything.

How can I 'freeze' vw_one so that it does not scroll, leaving only views vw_two, vw_three, vw_four, and vw_five scrolling vertically below vw_one.

Thanks...

...Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the View area automatically scroll bar will be set. Try the below if it works!

Use Matrix Layout. Place the view Container1 on the top. Then Create a Transparent Container to the bottom and place the remaining View Containers inside the Transparent Container and set the scrolling mode to Auto. Also set height property of Transparent container, if still it need to scroll vertically.

Hope this helps.,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

You can freeze the first view and make the remaining view scroll by doing like below

• Create a Group Grp_1
  • Into this group drag and drop the view container 1
  • Create a Scroll Container scroll_1
  • Create a new group Grp_2
  • Into this Grp_2 drag and drop all the remaining View containers i,e 2, 3, 4 & 5
  • Select the scroll container Scroll_1
  • Change layout as Matrix Layout
  • In the Height properties of the scroll container give some height for example 400px
  • Change Scroll mode to AUTO
  • Under Layout (MatrixLayout) property
  • Check stretchedVertically & stretchedHorizontally

Now the first View will be freezed and the remaining views will be in scroll mode

Hope this solves your problem!

Points please if helpful

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try to create another view which contains only the header.

Put it in the view container and call that view in the modifyview method of the main view.

Try this .

Regards

Vaibhav