Did you mean: 

Parameterized Mapping Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

We are getting the following error with a Parameterized Java Mapping:

<Trace level="1" type="B">CL_MAPPING_XMS_PLSRV3-ENTER_PLSRV</Trace>
<Trace level="2" type="T">......attachment XI_Context not found </Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">Mapping already defined in interface determination </Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">Object ID of Interface Mapping D4AF0F39935A394FB885ABF4C2696657 </Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">Version ID of Interface Mapping 39FE2F304D1F11E1CDBFDEA30A0BB164 </Trace>
<Trace level="1" type="T">Interface Mapping <OM_xxxxxx></Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">Mapping Steps 1 JAVA_JDK <javamapping name xxxxxxxx> </Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">MTOM Attachments are Transferred to the Payload </Trace>
<Trace level="3" type="T">Dynamic Configuration Is Empty </Trace>
<Trace level="2" type="T">Mode 0 </Trace>
<Trace level="1" type="T">The value for the input paramter var1 must not be null!
Thrown:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The value for the input paramter var1must not be null!

We are using the dual stack 7.3 version. When I try to run it independently in the ESR on the OM, it works fine.

I have tried deleting and creating both the OM and the Interface Determination but to no avail. A cache refresh also did not help, and the object and version ids are consistent.

What are we missing here? Please assist.

Thank you,

Regards,

Rakesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the solution in a different thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3201788

Apparently, the parameter value cannot exceed 256 characters.Tested this with a different mapping, and anything less than 230 seems to be working.

Thank you,

Regards,

Rakesh.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Did you click on binding button under Mapping Program and define the parameters with specific names in OM because that's one step I missed long back when I did this the first time ?

cheers,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ambrish,

I checked that and binding is done too.

Rakesh.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Then you need to check the Java code.

You should have one statement like below:

String inParam = arg0.getInputParameters().getString("channelName");

Here I am passing the channelName from Interface determination to Java mapping. argo0 is the parameter value for TransformationInput.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ambrish,

We are using that.

Thanks for the tip though,

Regards,

Rakesh

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

please paste screenshot of Interface determination Parameter section and definition of OM Binding in ESR.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Did you check if the value of the message parameter "var1" contains any value? Because this seems to be the reason for the error: "The value for the input paramter var1 must not be null!"

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harald,

We are passing it from the Interface Determination. I cannot see the same in the trace though and hence this post.

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Is this Java-Mapping developed by you? Can you implement any test ouputs to the trace level to check if all variables are really getting the correct values as passed by you?

There definitely seems to be an error either in the passing of the values to the Java Mapping or in the Java Mapping source code itself.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harald,

I am able to test it successfully when I test it independently in ESR, which I think would not be possible if there was an issue with the Java code. I did not write the code though, will try to get it checked though.

Thanks,

Rakesh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check with exactly the same message which is used when the error occurs during runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Harald, its with the same message.

Rakesh.