cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve SYSFAIL in queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, everyone!

Upon entering smq2, it was found out that the time a specific transaction was recorded was at 4:30 am and until 7:30 am (same day), it still has the same status. So, for us, it seemed that it stopped running causing obstruction on the other queues. One indication also that the there's an obstruction is that the number of queues is continuously increasing.

After noticing that, we reset that specific entry (in smq2) and clicked on the refresh button. Then the status changed to SYSFAIL. The status text is Object Requested is Currently Locked by User.

When we tried to delete the locked entry (in sm12), we can't identify which entry to delete. How can we know which one to delete?

Also, aside from the above-mentioned process, is there any other solution in removing the queue which causes the blocking?

Thanks in advance! 😃

Joy

Jocelyn Sy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jocelyn,

you get SYSFAIL error when you have error in XI.can clcik on that SYSFAIL failure it give the error desciption if i remeber your previouse post it is mapping error.

tet your mapping in test tab.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Actually the error is <u>Object Requested is Currently Locked by User</u>.

If this is the case, what are our options in resolving this?

Thanks! 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you unlock the object if it locked by some else and test again after removing the locks and one more thing delete all the entries in Queue.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we can unlock the object even if it is locked by someone else. The problem is, I can't identify which object corresponds to the locked entry.

With regards to deleting all the entries in queue, I think it is not possible because the messages passing through the queues are all business messages...Our clients are the ones who are sending these messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if would suggest to test our mapping in mapping teting tool with same messagewhich is struck in Queue as input and see if you get the tragetmessge.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Do the below setting in Tcode : SXMB_ADM

Execute integration engine and configuration

click on specific configuration

go to change mode add new entry

Category : RUNTIME

Parameter : QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED

Current Value : 1

then save.

now test the scenario..i hope it won't block.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Sorry...I am not yet that familiar with XI system...I did what you instructed except adding a new entry because I am not allowed to do this. 😃 However, may I know what benefit we could get upon doing this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask your basis guys they will add that setting..most of the times that they won't give to developer.

Use of that setting..messages it won't struck. Because message will struck some times..to avoid this cause we need to add that entry..

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay...Will this not have an effect on the performance of the system?

Thanks for the inputs. I will relay this to my teammates and then to the Basis Team...