cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS BOM Explosion in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to Explode a WBS BOM in sales order but when I enter the material and wbs element in sales order Item, the system give the  <Message no. V1113 :

The system tried to find a bill of material for the material entered, taking into account material 30000005, plant 1500, date 06.08.2013 and BOM usage ENG1.
However, no bill of material was found.

I set my Item Category as below:

Structure Scope = B (Explode multi level bill of material)

Application = ENG1

and WBS BOM for material 30000005 is created

please tell me how can I Explode a WBS BOM in my sales order.

Thanks alot

Message was edited by Moderator. Remarks: Please don't post your discussion in all Bold or CAPs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure the BOM which you have created has been "Released" (Can see in the BOM - Item Level - CS02) status.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj;

Thanks for your answer.

My WBS BOM is created by CS74 transaction, and as you say I checked my BOM item level, but there isn't any field named status at item level .

BOM status at header level has been set to Release.

I think it's impossible to explode a WBS BOM in sales order, what's your opinion ?

Regards;

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please note for a sales bom - maintain it in cs01 tcode with usage as 5 . I have worked in bom explosion with wbs element and it has worked properly. Please check on the usage.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Thanks for your reply, but I mean WBS BOM, not Material BOM with WBS Elements.

As I understand, Exploding WBS BOM in sales documents is impossible.

So I will use material BOM with WBS Elements for Account Assignment and transferring billing milestones from project to sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats the right approach.

Regards

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siavesh,

As rightly mentioned by others,

1. The WBS BOM or network BOM are only used in PS and they are used to trigger material components for the project. These BOM will be exploded when the WBS element is released in the project during which the procurement process may be initiated.

2. Order BOM is purely sales order related and known to all.

The application is different for these and accordingly they get triggered in different modules.

Answers (0)