cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and where to see the total number of messages by PI 7.3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on PI 7.3.1. I have a requirement to collect the count of number of messages processed by PI in a day(either failed, success or scheduled) and to forward the same to the client via E-Mail.

I knew that in PI 7.3.1.... In RWB --> Monitoring --> Common --> Message Overview if we select the option

Messages from component : Adapter Engine PD1   from    Database(overview) and time 8/6/13 5.30AM to 8/7/13 5.30AM

then it displays the total number of Error, Scheduled and Success messages that are exchanged between particular sender and receiver components.

please let me know other ways to find the total number of messages processed over a period.

Can we get the information about the total number of messages processed by PI from any DB tables. If so please let me know the same and any standard procedures to forward the same to clients E-Mail id.

Regards

Koti Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I've described one of the ways on how to get RWB data

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/27/michals-pi-tips-how-to-get-rwb-me...

maybe this will help you a bit,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your response. I have done with the requirement.

1) But for messages which are processed on the Integration Engine (Proxy-Proxy, Idoc-Idoc, Idoc-HTTP etc) will the above query takes their count also ? or manually in SXMB_MONI we have to saeggregate the interfaces which run on IE and take the count ??

2) In RWB->Message Monitoring -> Overview (or) in the above way described by you...

The count of a asynchronous interface (Idoc->Soap) is shown twice, once b/n RD2 sender and CSL receiver business systems. Later again b/n CSL sender and RD2 receiver. But when i checked in MONI using selection criteria it shows no messages found from CSL sender to RD2 receiver for that receiver service interface. Later i cross checked the entire scenario and even no acknowledgements are handled. Can u suggest me on these issues ...

Regards

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thoguh i am not sure whether the same messages are displayed here as well in PI 7.31

Check once http://host:port/pimon --> AdapterEngine -> Message Montoring.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Even in this way, the count of processed messages are same but for one interface that asynchronous interface its showing twice.

Also please let me know how to display the XML output in tabular format as the client expects it.

Bit urgent.

Regards

Koti Reddy

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might also want to see Performance monitoring screen in RWB and add criteria based on outgoing and incoming interface names.  See if that helps.

>>Also please let me know how to display the XML output in tabular format as the client expects it.

you might need to extract the data and need to use xslt mapping to achieve this. There is no standard way as I know of...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8623540/how-to-display-this-xml-data-in-html-tabular-format

Answers (0)