cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading support package ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I nee help in updating my SAP_BASIS, SAP_APPL and SAP ABA.

Component version: SAP ECC 6.0

SAP_BASIS 700 0005

SAP_ABA 700 0005

SAP_APPL 600 0002

Please see the data above regarding my current SP version .

I  want to update to the newest version of SAP_BASIS(level 29), SAP_ABA(level 23) and SAP_APPL(level 29).

1. Do I have to apply the old versions first before applying the new one?

2. Are they dependent to each other? (eg. If I update my SAP_BASIS to a higher version does it require that my SAP_appl and SAP ABA is also updated and vice versa.

It would be great if someone would give me a step by step guide in upgrading my SAP_BASIS,APPL& ABA  from level 5 to its latest version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The support packages needs to be extracted before they are applied. Following is the command to do this.

sapcar -xvf <filename.car   (in the command prompt --- if using Windows OS )

all the extracted files will be moved to the location \usr\sap\trans\EPS\in

Now, login to Sap in the 000 client with the DDIC login.

Enter tcode    SPAM  ---In the toolbar select Suport Packages ---> From Front end.

There is no compulsion from which package you need to start. If they are dependant, you will be displayed with a message to upgrade the dependant support pack.

It appears you are trying this for the first time, take help of someone who has expereince in it.

Regards,

Mj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MJ!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh for the info!

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

You need to download support patches from service.sap.com/swdc > Support Packages and Patches

> SAP ERP > Entry by component > SAP ECC Server. Select Component you want to update. It will give you list of patches. ABAP patches are not cumulative and you need to download (003 to 0023 for appl in your case ) all components and extract all components and put all .pat , .att files in sap eps/in folder and run spam as suggested by MJ.

For smooth upgrade make a list of dependencies. Click on Info beside component list, it will give you Package Import Conditions in new window and check all  Import Conditions are met.

Instead generate support stack file from solution manager and download components.

Regards

Mahesh Kumar