Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-C: KNVV-Values disappear after leaving the screen

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have extended the customer table KNVV by several z-fields which should be available in MDG.

We followed the How to - Guide 'Extend MDG-S Data Model by a New Field (Reuse Option)' step-by-step besides one thing: the z-fields should be grouped in a seperate Form-UIBB 'Additional Sales Area Data'.

The fields are on the UI now in an own UIBB. the problem is that after leaving the Sales Area Data view the values maintained in the z-fields disappear. Also if I choose a value in another UIBB via search help the z-fields are cleared. Unfortunately the Guide only describes how to add a field to an existing UIBB so maybe for this case something is missing.

I made the following UIBB-settings:

Feeder Class     CL_BS_BP_GUIBB_ROOT

Component        BUPA

Object Name      BP_Root

For the fields the FPM_REFRESH event is set.

Additionally I added a wire for the new confiuration:

Source Component     FPM_LIST_UIBB

Source Config              Same as for normal Sales Area Details

Port Type                    Lead Selection

Port Identifier               STANDARD

Connector Class          CL_BS_BP_CONNECTOR_BOL_ID

Something missing? Something wrong? Where can I debug?

Thanks and best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

I changed the Feeder Class to CL_BS_CU_GUIBB_SALES_AREA and assigned Object CU_SalesArea.

But the problem is the same. The values disappear after the next roundtrip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solve the problem?

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thank you for reminding me to update the discussion.

I took the chance to create a blog post describing several reasons why values can disappear.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We are using MDG 6.1, EHP 6 for Material. Even we face the same problem of extended field values which get disappeared after roundtrip or enter or save.

I did refer your blogspot. I have a question on second BRF+ Derivations not updated after model change. How can i do this??

Also, I have see a note '1641867'. SAP asked to run a report[MDG_BS_MAT_FIND_MODEL_DETAILS] in se38 . We could see that the the extended fields are shown as "not mapped".

I have performed the SMT mappings correctly.

can you explain if there is anything else we need to do?

Thank You In Advance,

Shaila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila,

you have to extend your rules by the new field. Perform the following steps

1. Go into your derivation rule
  2. Choose your data object (e.g. structure for BP_CENTRL)
  3. Add your new field
  4. Activate your rule

BR,

Flo

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila,

do you principally want to know how BRF+ derivations can be implemented? There is a very good How to - document available on SCN describing this feature. You can find it here.

Related to the note and the SMT mapping I don't know what reason can be.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flo,

Thank you for the steps.

My custom fields are already added in the data object. PFB

Is there any otehr way , where i can go to the ' Signature tab' as mentioned in the SAP note

Thank You,

Shaila

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila,

in the catalog under node 'Trigger Function' -> 'Derivation' you have to create the BRF+ function which is processed for the derivation (naming convention for the function: DERIVE_<enity type>).

Navigate to the function. There you find the tab 'Signature'.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the suggested.

Created the BRF+ functions for 'DERIVE' AND 'CHECK'.

got the signature tab.

But the fields in the UI are still gettings lost during 'enter'/'save'

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Shaila.

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila,

so the data model and BRF+ structures are in synch, the functions are named correctly following the naming conventions.

Is there additionally an implementation of the derive method of BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE which might cause the problem?

Or there is a problem with the derivation rule itself. Did you test it using the simulation feature of the function?

Finally you can try to debug method CL_USMD_RULE_SERVICE->IF_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~DERIVE_ENTITY.

Search in the method for CALL METHOD compare_derived_data_p and set an external breakpoint. There you can check the data before and after the processing of the BRF+ derivation. Maybe this helps to find the issue.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member

I had this same disappearing values issue in MDG-M and finally solved by running transaction USMD_RULE and making sure I specified a transport for BRF+ changes.  Otherwise, it seems that the structures actually do not get regenerated.  Same with program USMD_ADAPT_BRF - if no transport is open for BRF changes, the program does not seem to work.

-Rob