SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site transport using WBTE and WBTI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts in ISR

Just a basic query to understand the process better. Already have gone through the SDN discussion wrt the same and got good idea.

My question is:

Is this the best possible implementation method for site or any modifications required?

1. Create Site Profile and other control data for Site Creation in SPRO.

2. Transport the request using STMS.

3. Create Reference Site in DEV with Reference Customer - Reference Vendor details.

4. Use WBTE and WBTI to export from DEV and Import in QAS/PRD.

5. Assign the Reference Site and Reference Customer / Vendor details in SPRO for Site profile.

6. Transport the request using STMS

7. Create BDC to create DC/Store in DEV and create them using reference to reference sites/vendor/customer.

8. Use WBTE and WBT1 to export from DEV and Import in QAS/PRD.

Regards

sBk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SBK:

You will not be able to use BDC because WB01 is not enabled for BDC; you'll be stopped getting the Site Customer created.   The only recommeded approach for data migration for Site Master is eCATT.  Please read SAP Note 1274501 - Batch input and eCATT in site master on this point.  

Regarding distribution of Site Master, please read SAP Note 737239 - Site export/import as of SAP R/3 Retail Release 46C.    You should not use WBTE / WBTI.

- Paul

Paul R Gendreau Jr

SAP Retail Inc.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SBK:

You will not be able to use BDC because WB01 is not enabled for BDC; you'll be stopped getting the Site Customer created.   The only recommeded approach for data migration for Site Master is eCATT.  Please read SAP Note 1274501 - Batch input and eCATT in site master on this point.  

Regarding distribution of Site Master, please read SAP Note 737239 - Site export/import as of SAP R/3 Retail Release 46C.    You should not use WBTE / WBTI.

- Paul

Paul R Gendreau Jr

SAP Retail Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your very quick response.

I have gone through the said notes and are very much relevant.

In that, it is said:

" As SAP R/3 Retail Release 46C, the export/import of Transaction WBTE/WBTI(RWBTRAEX/RWBTRAIM) was switched to ALE distribution. "

I know the different BD transactions for transferring Article (BD10/BD11), Customer (BD12/BD13), Vendor (BD14/BD15) etc.

Correspondingly for Site master, which BD* should be used, after the logical systems are configured.

Step by step procedure will be very much appreciated.

Regards

sBk

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I also like to know the details steps after configuration had been done up in my configuration client.

Can some one provide steps by steps guide?

Up till now, I am still using the export / import of site and I had problem creating the customer data.

I decide to drop the site but still proceed with reference site and get the actual site created at source.

0 Kudos

There is no BD* T-Code for Site Master.

The sequence for distribution is per the SAP Note 737239:

1 - Move the customizing request via standard transport mechanisms

- You understand that this process assumes, therefore, that Sites are created in Development Gold so that customizing requests are captured during execution of WB01.

2 - ALE Site Customer using BD12 (from DEV to all recipient systems and clients)

3 - ALE Site Vendor using BD14 (from DEV to all recipient systems and clients)

- Paul

Paul R Gendreau Jr

SAP Retail Inc

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Up till now I am still following fine with BD12 / BD14.

However, I need to know the setting up of the ALE partners in the system.

Can you elaborate what need to be setup?

a. SM59

b. WEDI partners

c. Port configuration

When I execute BD12, I am not able to get the IDOC across to the target server.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

0 Kudos

Hi All,

No problem, I am now able to send the IDOC to the recipent.

The missing link  is it cannot be update due to missing site.

I guess the transportation need to be done first before ALE.

Bye

0 Kudos

Yes, the order of execution must be observed as above and per the SAP Note:  1, 2, 3.

Transport, then Site Customer, then Site Vendor.

Also, normally the reference DC is sent, then reference Store, then DC, then Stores.

yohan_b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more thing,

Despite the customizing part, the customer and vendor master data, an other part of the site need to be transported: The partner profile of the site (transaction WE20)

First ways to do this: http://scn.sap.com/message/928033#928033

Second ways: Instead of transport, for this purpose, you can use the Function module EDI_AGREE_PARTNER_INSERT in a specific Dev to create partner massively.