cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Schemas in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need to understand what are the various system schemas in SAP HANA. Would really appreciate if someone can guide me to the appropriate page. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

A schema is just like a database folder.The relavant tabels are going to group together according to the particular schema definition.

There are 3 types of schemas.

1. User Defined Schema

2. System Defined Schema

3. SLT Derived Schema 

User Defined Schema is created by user (DBA or System Administrator)

System Defined Schema Where all the list of tables views going to be associated.

There are 5

a.  _SYS_BI

b. _SYS_BIC

c. _SYS_REPO

d. _SYS_STATISTICS

e. _SYS_XS-ENGINE

SLT Derived Schema :When we configure the SLT first time(by administrator) they are going to give schema name-->meaning a configure name and that configure name that is provided or configure out side the HANA in the source system or in the SLT replication server.That particular name is container of list of the tables that need to be pulled from the source system. 

_SYS_BI: All the BI related tables get stored hear.

_SYS_BIC: Whenever we activate HANA Models, its going to be stored hear in _SYS_BIC System standard schema

_SYS_REPO: Whatever the objects are there in the system is available in repository

_SYS_STATISTICS: All the system configurations and parameters.

_SYS_XS-ENGINE: XS stands for XML Server engine. All the 3rd party Web Services can Connect & Communicate.

Regards,

Venkat Naveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Hope this helpfull to you.If satisfied, please reply.

Thank You

Venkat Naveen Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Is above information was helpfull to you? Please let me know.

Regards,

Venkat Naveen Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, very helpful info

Best regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Type of System schema :

SYS_BI stores all the metadata of created column Views.

_SYS_BIC:After activate HANA Models, its going to be stored hear in _SYS_BIC System standard schema

SYS_REPO: objects are there in the system is available in repository

SYS_STATISTICS:  system configurations and parameters.

_SYS_XS: XS stands for XML Server engine. All the 3rd party Web Services can Connect & Communicate

SYS - contains all your System Views and System Tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why is it that I only see SYS and SYS_BI schemas, and not SYS_BIC? I have activated an attribute view which ideally should be visible in SYS_BIC schema. But this schema is missing!

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Please let's not keep reviving old-answered threads. This has been answered a long time ago so if there's further questions, create a new discussion and ask away (see )

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira (moderator)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

As Venkat explained, there are various Schemas in HANA, i just want to add a couple of things,

SYS - this schema generally contains all your System Views and System Tables: To know more about them, check this

http://help.sap.com/hana/html/SAP_HANA_SQL_and_System_Views_References_en/2e/1ef8b4f4554739959886e55...http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Database_System_Views_Reference_en.pdf

_SYS_REPO - there is a System User in HANA called _SYS_REPO and it has its own schema as _SYS_REPO. This schema is used by designer component of HANA Studio during the activation of Objects. All the Objects that you will create in HANA Development Perspective are owned by User _SYS_REPO.

_SYS_BI - "All the BI related tables get stored hear." This is not the correct answer -  This schema stores all the metadata of created column Views.

_SYS_BIC - As explained above all Column Views are stored here.

_SYS_XS - not SYS_XS-ENGINE - as explained above is used for Extended Application Services

_SYS_STATISTICS - contains the Statistics data of the Statistics Server

_SYS_RT - i don't know exactly, but from seeing tables i guess its used for CDS, UIS and Text Search

UIS - This schema is used for UIS purposes.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek for your additional inputs.

Regards,

Venkat Naveen Kumar

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

"_SYS_BIC - As explained above all Column Views are stored here". Not only column views, even other activated objects like procedures, table types etc will be stored in BIC.

_sys_rt - It also contains configurations related to table partitioning.

Regards,

Safiyu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very informative...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

This document may get your questions answered.

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

Cheers,