cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Function Calls in Business Objects IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Oracle function calls/packages in Business objects 4.0 IDT and facing invalid identifier issue when creating Objects in the Business layer.

For Eg: Object  look like this

ECDP_UNIT.ConvertValue(EDWDBA.F_PAXREVENUE.GRS_VOL_BBLS, 'BBLS','GALLON')

Here EDWDBA is the schema name,ECDP_UNIT.ConvertValue is the Oracle package/Fucntion calls and Table name is F_PAXREVENUE.

When i Parsing the Object it shows the invalid identifier error message.

I have tried using custom sql and included the schema name for the Oracle function calls EDWDBA.ECDP_UNIT.ConvertValue ,object is working fine without any error. Like below

EDWDBA.ECDP_UNIT.ConvertValue(EDWDBA.F_PAXREVENUE.GRS_VOL_BBLS, 'BBLS','GALLON').

But I'm not able to include the schema name for the oracle packages in the objects itself .Even if i include the schema name in the object, its gets removed automatically from the object.

Plese help on this.

Thanks,

Chinnu A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinnu,

BO has traditionally supported functions but not packages. This allows it to be a bit more database agnostic - SQL Server doesn't have packages but it has functions, for example. As such, you will have to use functions rather than packages (similarly you have to build standalone universes for stored procedures). Probably not the answer that you wanted to hear but the best you've got I'm afraid.

Regards,

Mark

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chinnu,

I would suggest you to reference the function name directly instead of referencing it from the Package. Try to create a stanalone function outside package and try.

Regards,

Mani