cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jars for Websphere MQ 5.3 in PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use search for the below jars to install in my PI Server for Websphere MQ 5.3

com.ibm.mq.jar

com.ibm.mqbind.jar

com.ibm.mqjms.jar

connector.jar

I have taken the 1st,2nd and last jar from the MQ version 7.5.I am not able to find the jar com.ibm.mqbind.jar.I tried searching in IBM sites.I dint find it.Where can i get it from ??

The list of jars required for MQ 7.5 are as below.If we install these jars,are they not backward compatible for version MQ 5.3??Please help me in going ahead with it??

CL3Export.jar

CL3Nonexport.jar

com.ibm.mq.headers.jar

com.ibm.mq.jar

com.ibm.mq.jmqi.jar

com.ibm.mq.pcf.jar

com.ibm.mqjms.jar

connector.jar

dhbcore.jar

fscontext.jar

providerutil.jar

rmm.jar

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You probably already found this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/02/05/ibm-mq-53-60-70-interoperability-...

According to that you would not be happy with 5.3 Server and 7.5 jars even though note 1086303 says that they are backward compatible (Q12)

I'm trying to figure out which files for MQ 7.5 Server to get myself so I stumbled upon this link. Please take this as best guess (its for 7.5 though you may want to give the directories there a try and see which files they contain.You may have to download MQ 5.3 from ibm.com to get the drivers

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/topic/com.ibm.mq.ref.dev.doc/q030620_.htm

HTH

Cheers Jens

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for the sake of completeness: I opened a call at SAP because note 747601 only specifies them for 7.0.

After some mêlée about if providing the file names of the necessary JARs for 7.5 would be considered consulting SAP support stated that it would be OK to use the JARs for 7.0 mentioned in note 747601.

I'm still not sure whether 7.5 is actually supported (hence the reluctance of SAP to name the JARs) but since MQ is designed (at least great extend - see referenced Blog from William above) to be downward compatible it should be ok to either deploy the 7.5 JARs to PI or just to use the 7.0 JARs on PI with a 7.5 server.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

Cheers

Jens