cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read MAI monitoring data from third party application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solution Manager community,

is it possible to read MAI monitoring data from a remote third party monitoring suite like Nagios? I know there is a option to forwad MAI data via a BADI implementation but we want to use the way from outside.

I appreciate every tipp in this area.

Thanks in advance for your time and support to find a solution.

Best regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

In SolMan SP8 SAP provided an API for Unix scripts to feed data to the MAI.  Here's a helpful link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/43/044c33d2ac4e8694f6c75a3b0a7667/frameset.htm.  I hope this is what you are looking for!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

thanks for your answer. This API allows to integrate monitoring data which you collect via script into the MAI. But we are searching for a way to read the MAI data from outside. WIth pull we are not 100% sure that all data transmitted to the third party tool. So we want to use an interface which provide the same informations as what we get from the alert consumers.

Maybe we start to write our own interface for it.

Thanks.

BR Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we done the something similar, where we send the notification to the third party using sap os command adapter, but this actually pass all the MAI collected data, have you checked

Alert Consumer BAdI Interface - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

this option to send it via sap os command adapter will be a way it should works for us. We will try it to send the data to Nagios. You told that you done something similar to which third party you send the MAI data?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

j_bayrhammer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

did you realize this solution with the BAdI Interface? Is it required to configure the technical monitoring in solution manager?

Are there any other solutions to get the data to nagios without configuring the MAI? I just found a possibility to use the sapcontrol-Service, which comes with SAPHostControl. This reads RZ20 on os level with option -function GetAlertTree.

Regards,

Julia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, its posible to forward the thrid party tool by SNMP Traps plug ins , please check

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/290979852/HOW-TO+GUIDE+SNMP+Trap+Adapter.pdf

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thanks for the link, we know this way but we looking for a way that the third-party monitoring tool get direct access or via interface to MAI data.

Thanks

Mike

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would think you would have to read the SQL directly in order to achieve what you want, I'm not sure there is an interface for other monitoring tools to pull the monitoring/alerting information from SolMan.