BODS 4.1 integration/installation on BO 4.0 distributed and clustered CMC
i´m trying to install BO DataServices 4.1 and integrate it in CMC (BO 4.0 with a complex architecture, distributed and clustered).
Our BO architecture is described as follows:
=> Release installed: SAP BO 4.0 SP5 FP5.
=> Platform: Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64bit (all servers) with failover cluster.
=> CMS repository: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise (64bit) clustered.
=> Servers distribution:
- One load balancer (F5 Big-Ip pointing to the both tomcat servers)
- Two tomcat servers (clustered and each one pointing to the two CMS servers). Each one installed on its own Windows 2008 server.
- Two CMS servers (clustered). Each one installed on its own Windows 2008 server.
We have installed BODS as follows:
1. Web Tier Installation - Tomcat servers
- Sucessfull, installing only the Data Services Management Console feature. On this way, the Data Services Application is deployed on both tomcat servers. We think that no other feature it´s necessary on this tier.
2. CMS Tier Installation - CMS servers
Installed the rest of features except the Data Services Management Console on both CMS servers. On CMC, two new servers are created (NODExx.EIM Adaptive Processing Server). We have tried some installations types:
- Installed the BODS software on each CMS server (all features except the Data Services Management Console) and only one DS 4.1 repository. On second installation warns about an existing repository and to overwrite it.
On CMS integration used the CMS host name and not the cluster name. Installation cancelled and uninstalled the software.
- Installed the software on each CMS server (all features except the Data Services Management Console) and two separate DS 4.1 repositories. On CMS integration used the CMS host name and not the cluster name.
The installation was sucessfull, but the CMC servers (BO servers) on one of the CMC nodes are not working properly and also the new NODExx.EIM Adaptive Processing Servers (very slow and checked the properties of some of them,
a warning message comes telling us that can´t find the SIA service for this server).
Has anybody installed BODS 4.1 on this BO scenario?. Any ideas?
As info, we want to have one DS 4.1 installed and running on the first CMS node, and installed but stopped on the second CMS node.
Regards and thanks in advance,
Daya Jha replied
For your query,
- If the explained scenario on my last update, each BODS installation must own a separate repository or can share the same (only one of the both BODS installed will be running, the other one stopped).
Answer: First of all you have to Install BODS application and at the time of installation you have to skip data services "repository selection" this activity you have to performed after the installation (Cluster) in both the environment, and here only one local repository and one central repository for both the environment. You can also use load balancer at repository level
- If on CMS cluster (Server 1 & 2), when the installation is running on one server, the other SIA service (on the other server) must be stopped.
Answer: "No", Please donot stop the SIA when you are doing the cluster on other nodes. You have to start all services on first node then only cluster is possible on other nodes