cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS 4.1 integration/installation on BO 4.0 distributed and clustered CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

i´m trying to install BO DataServices 4.1 and integrate it in CMC (BO 4.0 with a complex architecture, distributed and clustered).

Our BO architecture is described as follows:

=> Release installed:    SAP BO 4.0 SP5 FP5.

=> Platform:                 Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64bit (all servers) with  failover cluster.

=> CMS repository:      SQL Server 2008 Enterprise (64bit) clustered.

=> Servers distribution:

- One load balancer (F5 Big-Ip pointing to the both tomcat servers)

- Two tomcat servers (clustered and each one pointing to the two CMS servers). Each one installed on its own Windows 2008 server.

- Two CMS servers (clustered). Each one installed on its own Windows 2008 server.

We have installed BODS as follows:

1. Web Tier Installation - Tomcat servers

- Sucessfull, installing only the Data Services Management Console feature. On this way, the Data Services Application is deployed on both tomcat servers. We think that no other feature it´s necessary on this tier.

2. CMS Tier Installation - CMS servers

Installed the rest of features except the Data Services Management Console on both CMS servers. On CMC, two new servers are created (NODExx.EIM Adaptive Processing Server). We have tried some installations types:

- Installed the BODS software on each CMS server (all features except the Data Services Management Console) and only one DS 4.1 repository. On second installation warns about an existing repository and to overwrite it.

On CMS integration used the CMS host name and not the cluster name. Installation cancelled and uninstalled the software.

- Installed the software on each CMS server (all features except the Data Services Management Console) and two separate DS 4.1 repositories. On CMS integration used the CMS host name and not the cluster name.

The installation was sucessfull, but the CMC servers (BO servers) on one of the CMC nodes are not working properly and also the new NODExx.EIM Adaptive Processing Servers (very slow and checked the properties of some of them,

a warning message comes telling us that can´t find the SIA service for this server).

Has anybody installed BODS 4.1 on this BO scenario?. Any ideas?

As info, we want to have one DS 4.1 installed and running on the first CMS node, and installed but stopped on the second CMS node.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Francisco Ortiz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody installed BODS 4.1 on this BO scenario?. Any ideas?

Regards,

Francisco Ortiz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

basically i need an answer to some questions:

- If the explained scenario on my last update, each BODS installation must own a separate repository or can share the same (only one of the both BODS installed will be running, the other one stopped).

- If on  CMS cluster (Server 1 & 2), when the installation is running on one server, the other SIA service (on the other server) must be stopped.

- If there are know problems on BODS 4.1 SP1 FP4 with BOE 4.0 SP5 FP5.

As per note 1740516: DS 4.1 SP1 SP1 Patch4 is compatible with 4.0 SP5 or higher SP5 compatible patches(5)(7)

(5) There is a known issue in BOE 4.0 SP5 with update install framework that causing issue in DS/IS 4.0 or 4.1 patch installation on top of existing DS/IS installation. The patch installation is completed, but the configuration failed to function. The workaround is uninstall the previous DS/IS installation and directly install DS/IS 4.0 or 4.1 patch.You can select the option to reuse the previous DS

configuration. This patch/update install issue is not with BOE SP4.

=> We install DS 4.1 SP1 first and then upgrade to DS 4.1 SP1 FP4, may be that it´s not compatible this last update with BO 4.0 SP5 FP5. Please confirm.

(7)  Information Steward 4.x and Data Services 4.x is not certified withBOE SP6 and its patches.

=> it doesn´t apply in our case because we haven´t BOE 4.0 SP6.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Francisco Ortiz.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

For your query,

- If the explained scenario on my last update, each BODS installation must own a separate repository or can share the same (only one of the both BODS installed will be running, the other one stopped).

Answer: First of all you have to Install BODS application and at the time of installation you have to skip data services "repository selection" this activity you have to performed after the installation (Cluster) in both the environment, and here only one local repository and one central repository for both the environment. You can also use load balancer at repository level

- If on  CMS cluster (Server 1 & 2), when the installation is running on one server, the other SIA service (on the other server) must be stopped.

Answer: "No", Please donot stop the SIA when you are doing the cluster on other nodes. You have to start all services on first node then only cluster is possible on other nodes

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

thank you very much for your answer, very appreciated.

OK, i will test it and back to you with feedback.

Regards,

Francisco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

after some days testing, it works now. With both SIAs running, on second installation i´ve skipped
data services "repository selection"  and the installation was finished (on CMS nodes). After that, installation on Tomcat servers and finished. I´ve been running some jobs and uptodate, all is working properly. Your tip was very helpful, thank you very much.

Anyway i´m noticing  slowness on this version executing some jobs, comparing with Data Integrator 3.1 . May be it´s a question of tuning. Have you information on how to tune BODS 4.1?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Francisco Ortiz.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Franc,

Regarsing BODS 4.1 following are the activity depend on SAP BO 4.0/4.1 Application and Web Application (Tomcat).

• We can Update the EIM Adaptive Processing Server, please refer below Adaptive processing Server links.

Best Practices for SAPBO BI 4.0 Adaptive Processing Servers:This whitepaper summarizes best practices, tuning, configuration and troubleshooting to help make your SAP BusinessObjects Adaptive Processing Server perform best. There are plenty of additional whitepapers / notes which delve into significant detail, this whitepaper is meant to be a handy summary for an administrator familiar with SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise BI4.0 platform.

Links:
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31711

And you can also refer below SNotes:

1452165 - How to increase the maximum memory pool for Apache Tomcat used by Management Console - Data Services / Data Integrator

Links:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1452165

1452186 - What is the maximum memory pool limit for Apache Tomcat used by Management Console? - Data Services / Data Integrator

Links:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1452186

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Please check your installation because at the time of Installation you have missed some steps regarding EIM or Cluster

Links:

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-services/blog/2012/11/27/data-services-40-sp1-installation

Thanks,

Daya

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya/Francisco,

I could not search your email ID hence writing here.

I am Planning to install SAP DS/IS system and my requirement is bit same as you answered.

Could you please let me know the steps to complete my below task.

1. FRS system needs to be on SERVER-A

2. DS/IS needs to be on SERVER-B and SERVER-C.

3. If Server-B is down, user can move/work to/from SERVER-C and vice versa.

Over all Load Balancing needs to be perform. Could you please help me here?

Thank You

Mukesh

mukeshkhamparia@hotmail.com

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Regarding your query below is the suggestion

1. FRS system needs to be on SERVER-A

2. DS/IS needs to be on SERVER-B and SERVER-C.

3. If Server-B is down, user can move/work to/from SERVER-C and vice versa.

Reply:-

FRS is used for Information steward only so my suggestion is in all node keep services identical if you are planning to use load-balancing in terms of Active & Passive node.

Option I:-

Server A- Total 6 Services (Including Information Steward + BOE/BOIPS + DS)

Server B- Total 6 Services (Including Information Steward + BOE/BOIPS + DS)

Server C- Total 6 Services (Including Information Steward + BOE/BOIPS + DS)

In Option I you will never face performance issue if you are sizing is done properly.

Services are:- CMS, Input, Out, Adaptive Job Server, EIM Adaptive processing Server & Information Steward processing Server.

Option II:-

Server A- Total 1 Services (Excluding Information Steward & Data Services), Only Input & output FRS

Server B- Total 4 Services (Excluding Information Steward). All Services

Server C- Total 1 Services (Including Information Steward), Only Information Steward

In Option II you will face performance issue as well as when it fail over or server is crashed then you have to create those additional services in other servers.

Option III:-

Server A- Total 4 Services (BOE/BOIPS)

Server B- Total 1 Services (DS)

Server C- Total 1 Services (Information Steward)

In Option III you will never face performance issue as well as when if SERVER A is crashed then cannot login in BODS Client or Data Services management console, So please review all points of each option.

Note: - Also check with respect to Access Server & Job Server fail over in each scenario, you have to consider this point also.

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Daya, you replied very fast for my query.

Our Requirement is on HANA, werre we strictly keeping FRS on SERVER-A, and CMS+DS+IS would be on SERVER-B and SERVER-C.

Could you please tell me the steps to install these.. I am new on DS/IS hence really difficult for me to understand the requirement as well.

Please guide me where I wrong --

1. I will install IPS on Server-A with FRS

2. I will Install IPS,DS and IS on Server-B (I dont know, how it will connected to Server-A, which option to select during installation)

3. I will Install IPS,DS and IS on Server-C (I dont know, how it will connected to Server-A, which option to select during installation)

4. I dont know, which option enable the switching between Server-B and SERVER-C if any of them stopped.

Please help with this requirement.

Please give me your email id if I can discuss with you on this instead SCN.

Thank You

Mukesh

mukeshkhamparia@hotmail.com

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

You have to select cluster option while installing IPS in multiple Node and while doing installation of DS & IS you have to call CMS details.

Please refer below link:-

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BI+platform+4.0+cluster+configuration

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Web+application+server+configuration

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BusinessObjects+Cluster

Thanks,

Daya

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks you so much. I was looking for this only. One of my colleague provided me 2 days back.Still Thank you so much.

For my FRS query, here is an answer. : Configuring the File Repository Server (FRS) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

If you could help me with Data Service Installation on 2 servers, that will really help me. I have found installation in One server, now if I want to expand the existing one server, I didn't find the doc or any help.

Same for Information Steward.

It is like I want to install DS and IS on your given 2 servers link. Server1 and Server2.

BI platform 4.0 cluster configuration - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Thank you.

Mukesh