cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch level conversion to material level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap gurus,

I recently did a batch level conversion from plant to material level.However I noticed that when I create a batch the batch info is stored in both MCHA and MCH1.My understanding was at the plant level ,the batch data will only be stored in MCH1.

I would really appreciate any help on this from the sap gurus on if I am missing out on any config that needs to be checked?

Thanks again

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Even you set the batch level at material, you are still able to create the batch with a plant in MSC1N. If you create a batch without a plant, then it will only have records in MCH1, but if you create a batch with a plant, then it will also have records in MCHA as there should be some place to record the plant for the batch.

As you have converted the batch level from plant to material, so I think all your old batches should also have entries in table MCHA. The main meaning of batch level is Batch numbers can be unique at the following levels:

At plant level
At material level
At client level for a material
If you choose plant level, the batch number is unique in conjunction with the respective material and the plant. If you choose material level, the batch number is unique together with the material. At client level, the batch number is unique in the whole client.

I hope it clears your doubt.

Regards,

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Thanks a lot for your response and help.You are correct.I did some testing and noticed that if you extend the batch to a plant then it will be stored in MCHA otherwise it is in MCH1 even after the batch conversion to material level.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I am glad you can get some useful information from me.

Regards,

Rachel

Answers (0)