cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installationoptions PI 7.31 - Splitting ABAP/JAVA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are planning to install a PI 7.31 system

We are now running a PI 7.11 Dualstack with ABAP+JAVA.

We heard many rumors about the installation options.

In the thread below I alreay read that Dual Stack is still support with 7.31:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/11/installation-options-for-process-...

But we even heard that the ABAP and JAVA may need to be splitted - and not only on one server, but maybe even to two seperate hosts...

My question would now be:

1) Can I install a normal dual stack on one server/host doing a normal Add-In installation? This mean java is installed under /usr/sap/SID/DVEMBGS<NN>/j2ee and with one SID like PID for ABAP+JAVA or do we have to use two instance directories like DVEMBGS<NN> for ABAP and J<NN> with two different SIDs like maybe PID for ABAP and PJD for JAVA (But on one hhost)?

2) If a split is neccessary, does it allow the split on one server/host and is it only optional to install it on two host?

We are just dealing with all this split thoughts as SAP installed a SAP SEM BI 7.3 systes a half year ago and said the split of ABAP + JAVA to two different host is a must.

If you have information about this rergarding PI7.31 pls. let me also know where you found them, as I did not find anything regarding that.

Thanks.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

i think you should read carefully "Note 1816819 - Dual Stack support for Business Suite systems"

Is your system a "SAP NetWeaver Process Integration with Business Suite XI/ESR Content and / or PI Adapter (SWIFT, BCONS, ELSTER)" ? if yes, you can carry one with dual stack but bear in mind that for nw740 there will be no tollerance...

Regarding the split of systems I've got no idea, sorry

a

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea & Hassen.

The note 1816819 helped me and brought me to further notes.

Like Hassen said, PI and Sol.Man. are the two exceptions and can still be installed as Dual Stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are exceptions for the rule that dual stack systems must be split when upgrading to higher version i.e. NW7.31, namely PI and Solution Manager. These two systems can remain dual stack. In fact, we upgraded XI 3.0 to PI 7.30 dual stack without any issues.