cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO Error - Specify Payment Period Baseline Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When attempting to post an invoice in MIRO I receive the error "Specify Payment Period Baseline Date", however no matter which date I select, when I attempt to post the invoice the field is cleared and the same error message is given.

I have maintained Payment Terms in the vendor master and have tried changing the default for baseline date in OBB8 and I am still receiving the error.

I have tried using different payment terms as well and still receive this error for all payment terms.

Any help appreciated,

Casey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

Please check whether the BADI MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS is activated.

This issue can be caused if BADI MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS is activated but either there is no implementation of method PAYMENT_TERMS_SET or data has not be passed correctly.

Before the call of the BAdi the Baseline Date contains a date.
Then the system check if the BAdi is active and calls the BAdi and the related method IF_EX_MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS~PAYMENT_TERMS_SET.
The Baseline Date is overwritten with the Baseline Date returned from the BAdi. If method is not implemented (no coding) the BAdi returns '00000000'.

Please use one of possibilities.

1) Implement the method 'IF_EX_MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS~PAYMENT_TERMS_SET'
2) Deactivate the BAdi.

Hope this can help

Regards

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mauro,

Thank you for your response.

I will attempt to look into this as soon as I am able to, I have requested a developer key from the system admin so that I can access and activate/edit the BADI's in the event that they are causing the issue.

I am able to see that the BADI MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS exists in the system, however it was last edited in 2001, and I do not know how to tell whether it is active or not.

Regards,

Casey

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Casey,

to check if the BADI is active :

go to SE18 : insert badi MRM_PAYMENT_TERMS -> display

menu : implementation -> overview

check if there is an implementaion (if there is doubleclick) and here you can see if  the implementation is active or inactive.

Regards,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following your instructions I was brought to the following screens, I double-clicked the first option (ZMRM_PAYMENT_TERMS) and it shows as active.

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Casey,

to be sure that the problem is related to the badi, please deactivate it and retest...

Regards,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mauro,

Can you please tell me how I can activate/deactivate a badi?

Casey

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you contact an ABAPer. If you dont know where to do it, then you are not trained and should not do it yourself,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Baseline Date field available in ‘Payment” TAB of MIRO screen  which needs to be entered during invoicing in MIRO screen  or Baseline Date can be defaulted from your Payment term which is available in your Purchase Order. Use t.code: ME23N and cross check to find Payment term in your Purchase Order.

Now use t.code:OME2 and for your Payment term- find the status of “Default for baseline date” for Payment term…..ie Either No default or Document date or Entry date or Posting date. Better all your payment term keep to select Posting date as “Default for baseline date” and save.

After above setting- go for invoicing in MIRO screen and cross check how Baseline Date is defaulted from your Payment term with current posting date in system!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biju,

The payment terms default from the PO I reference and match what is shown through ME23N, I have tried changing the status of "Default for baseline date" through OME2 to all 4 options and still nothing is defaulted into the Baseline date field in MIRO, and no date is accepted by the system when I try to post the invoice.

Casey

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I select a date and try to post the invoice, the date I entered into the baseline date field disappears and then I am given an error message asking me to enter a baseline date.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your Payment term- select only one status of “Default for baseline date” for Payment term…..ie Either No default or Document date or Entry date or Posting date.Better select only  Posting date as “Default for baseline date” and save.

Now create a new purchase order with your changed payment term, do goods receipt and go for invoicing - see how Baseline Date is defaulted from your Payment term with current posting date in system.

OR

After changing payment term, just use t.code:ME22N and change your old purchase order with a text in "Header note" and save. Now go for invoicing

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went into OME2 and changed the default for baseline date to posting only and saved.

I created a new PO using the payment terms I just edited and did a goods receipt, when I go to MIRO there is nothing defaulted into the baseline date field and any date that I manually enter is erased when I try to post the invoice and I am given the same error.

The payment terms are defaulted into the Payment tab, however the baseline date field is not defaulted.

Casey

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your SAP system upgraded recently? If yes, let us know which version you are into.

For me, it seems to be a bug. However check once again whether any recent Badi implementations have caused this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The component version under System->status is SAP ECC 6.0

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Discuss with Technical Consultant and Find any enhancement done for MIRO screen which cause your concern of keeping BLANK your Baseline Date field during invoicing and not allowing you to save invoice document!

Regards,

Biju K

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the KBA 1703735 - Error message F5220 raised in transactions FB65 or FB75 helps you in resolving the issue.

Also look into note Note 1676498 - FV60/FV70: Baseline date for payment disappears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I view Note 1676498?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

notes can be viewed in http://service.sap.com/notes

you need a user id and password. ask your basis team to grand you access, or to download the note for you. Notes must not be posted in detail here.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to service market place (service.sap.com) and input your OSS id and password and search the notes. The one which i referred to you is actually a knowledge base article. The second one is a SAP note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Casey,

Have you filled the Baseline Date on the second header tab (Payment)?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes, when I put a date into the baseline date field and attempt to post the invoice, the field is cleared and then I am given the error.

Casey