cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBDYNPRO ABAP FROM INTERNET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement to expose the Webdynpro ABAP applications to internet. But we do not consider the option of releasing the ECC port which will be security constraint for our company. Please suggest a solution without any additional cost the solution can be obtained.

Thanks,

mano.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mano,

It should be possible by using reverse-proxy. Reverse-proxy is mechanism you can avail by configuring your Apache server which will be public , now when user request comes to your Apache you redirect to your intranet (internal network) by using proxy-pass, which is configuration maintained in Apache configuration file.

Regards,

Asad

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe reverse proxy is possible when individual web dynpro's (ECC URLs) are exposed to internet not to a Portal outside firewall/proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

It seems like some misunderstanding is there.Why you need reverse proxy if you directly make ECC URLs public?  Please refer wiki for documentation on reverse proxy. Please refer the screenshot below, for clear understanding:

Regards,

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asad/Nikhil,

My understanding is as follows, the webdynpro ABAP applications running thru the ITS server can be accessed from internet thru the reverse proxy setup. the corresponding entries need to be maintained in httpd.conf file(in case of Apache server in the DMZ zone) and there is no need to open the port of ITS server to access from internet.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct ?

Thanks

Mano,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mano, you are correct. If you are using reverse proxy you don't have to expose your SAP WebAS .

Regards,

Asad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

moved to SAP NetWeaver Application Server by moderator

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not possible without making services public. May be a stand-alone dispatcher could help.

- Nikhil Bose