cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger external web-service from SAP MDM work flow?

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Once I load data into MDM and validate I want to call an external web-service which in turn syndicates. Is it possible to trigger external web-service via MDM workflow; If yes, how?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shamit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamit,

If you only want to call Web-Service to execute Syndication step, then you can achieve this by adding "Syndicate" step in the Workflow. There would be no need of web-service for this purpose.

If you want Web-Service to perform some special function, then please let us know so that we could suggest you accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shamit,

Why do you want to call an external webservice to trigger Syndication? Do you want to format the output for some external service provider before syndicating the records? You can use MDM enrichment Controller to meet this requirement. Please click the link below to find more details about the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/44/ab743565d37455e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamit,

If my understanding is correct "You wish to trigger web-service once import is done and records have updated MDM successfully". Many we know on why do you wish to trigger web-service before syndication?

I am skeptical if workflow can trigger web-service just ahead of syndication.

Regards,

Mir Ali